My Wife is THE Superstar

Prologue

“Aaaaaah!!!”

I hold her hand tight. Shit. I think I’m going to throw up.

“Damn you Gerald! F@#*$%cccccccccckkkkkkkkk!!!”

That scream was loud and long! Even has a tune on it. My wife could definitely sing anything… oh wait, did she just curse? My sweet Sarah cussing?

“Push! Push Sarah!”

I look at the doctor who kept telling Sarah to push. What the heck is happening down there?! I turn to face my wife and I know this is hurting her. She grips my hand and stares at me with those angry wide eyes. “Kasalanan mo to!” she yelled and screams that loud shriek yet again.

I think my hand just lost all the blood circulating in it. I can’t feel it anymore… it’s numb from her amazingly strong hold on me. I kiss her forehead.

“I love you” I whisper.

She snaps back at me madly. “Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!” her vibrato seems to be perfect even in times like these. No, honestly… she’s like singing!

“You love me?! Ikaw humiga dito at manganak! Leche Heraldoooooo! Wag na wag mo na akong mahawakhawakan!”

Wait. What?! Noooooo!

Before I could even absorb what she just said, the doctor started telling her “more”

What’s more to do? Can’t she see that my wife is struggling?!

I was about to speak when Sarah shrieked again and I heard the doctor gasp. She seems excited.

“Konti na lang Sarah! Sige pa…”

I worriedly stared at her and with every ounce of energy left inside her body, she pushed. “Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!” she shouts in high pitch. Amazing…

My wife’s simply amazing. Even her screams sounded like a song, a painful song at that.

I kiss her on top of her head. “You. Are. Perfect.” I tell her. She didn’t need to do this normally. But she wanted to… I admire her. I could see that she was starting to be weak. I can’t take it anymore to see her suffering. Please dear Lord… let our baby come out safely… now!

Sarah looks at me as she gives it her all with one last yell and curse towards me.

I wonder what it’ll be like when she curses me in the bedroom… must be freakin’ hot! Oooops… wrong time to be imagining things.

I turn to the doctor and back to Sarah.

Did I just hear…

Was that…

Sarah smiled faintly with a single tear running down her cheek. She reaches to cup my face and started wiping the circles around my eyes. Damn it. I’m the one tearing up, not her.

The cry of a little baby pierced louder through my ears. I can’t believe it… I’m actually a father. I turn to the doctor who carries my little princess.

I love her already.

“How is she Ge?” I heard Sarah mumble. I couldn’t contain my smile as I face her.

“She’s beautiful. You’re beautiful. I love you…” and I kiss her again. After wrapping our daughter with her receiving blanket and wiping her clean, the doctor gave her to us.

I carry her carefully. She’s so tiny. So fragile. So precious. I show her to her mom and she instantly cries with me too.

This is it… my family. My life.

Sarah rubbed her cheek to clear her tears. She laughed and looked at me intently. “Ge” she weakly calls me “Hindi ako nagmura ok? It never happened.”

I chuckled. It’s about her potty mouth earlier. Thank heavens I could still touch her! She runs her fingers lightly at the little baby I was carrying and I start seeing her eyes close. “It’s ok babe… you can take your rest now” I whisper to her. Slowly, she dozed off…

Sleep now my love. You did great.