vi. Calm morning

(Y/n) POV
I woke up, stretching my arms above my head as I sat up slowly in my bed. I could feel the breeze from the window to my left. I'd left it open a crack last night because the room normally got extremely humid. I hated waking up in a drenched bed, especially if I could prevent it.

The door creaked and I looked up, carl stood there in a Tshirt and black boxers, his hat placed delicately upon his head. His hair was oddly neat for just waking up, but hey he was lucky. My hair was probably frizzy and messed up because I roll around in my sleep. Deep down I was a bit jealous, but that's a stupid thing to be jealous of.

"Good morning." He said, a kind smile appearing on his face.

I could feel my face growing red as I looked at him standing there. Did he realize he wasn't wearing pants...?
I thought to myself and then shook he thought from my head. He looked cute when he was sleepy.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, leaning against the door frame.

I nodded and rubbed my eyes. "As well as I could have."
I said, swinging my legs to he side of the bed, standing slowly. I hated when I stood up too fast, because Id almost always pass out from the blood beginning to circulate back up towards my head. I stood, walking towards the mirror on the wall and looked at myself. I smiled shyly at myself and walked over to carl.

"How's your dad doing..?" I asked quietly, not knowing if he was ready to talk about what happened yesterday.

He shrugged. "He's doing alright. He's started to calm down now. But he's still a bit shaken up."

I walked up and wrapped my arms around him, how soft brown hair tickling my neck as I leaned in. "It'll be okay." I said, his arms wrapped around me gently. I let go and looked him in the face. "Your dad's strong, he'll do fine." I said, reassuring him.

"I know." He said, smiling a little grateful smile.

He cared about his dad a lot, and didn't want anything to happen to him... His dad was all he had left of his old life, his only family left. He wanted to keep his dad by his side no matter what.

Carl POV
I turned around, my socks sliding on the floor a bit. I walked towards my dad's room, and knocked gently on the door. "Dad?" I said, grabbing the doorknob and beginning to turn it. I heard a shuffle from inside and before I could turn back I had the door open and there in the bed were dad and michonne. My eyes widened and I stood there in silence, just staring.

My dad's eyes were wide as he looked back at me, his face growing redder by the minute. "C-Carl.. Shut the door..." He said, his voice shaky. I turned around and went into my room, closing the door behind me quietly. I sat on my bed, my head in my hands, tears falling down my face.

Why.... I thought, the sound of the door opening making me look up. There stood dad, looking at me with a sympathetic look. "Carl... I..."

"dad no.." I said, turning away. Upset that he'd done something with another woman. I loved my mom, and nobody could take her place. I felt his hand touch my shoulder and the other side of the bed creak and lean. "Carl.. I'm sorry." He said, his voice cracking.

I turned around, tears leaking down my face. "How could you dad...? Nobody can take moms place.... They can't.... you can't...." I said, biting my lower lip. He looked to me with a saddened look. "Carl I know... I miss her too... But we can't just stay living in her shadow forever... We need to move on son..." He said scooting towards me, wrapping his arms around me. "I love you Carl...."

"I love you too dad."

The rest of the day was normal, filled with going on guard duty, killing a few walkers, and hanging out with Carl.

I hope that you are enjoying this story!