v. problems

I added the actual scene I used for this part, so if you want a visual, go ahead and watch it as well:)

(y/n)'s POV

Carl and I got up and headed outside, only to find trouble arising. There were two men having a fistfight... Or I don't know what to call it... In the center of the street. One man was being choked by the other, who had a bloodied face, and an angered look. Carl's eyes went wide because he recognized the deep brown hair and sheriff outfit. It was his dad... Rick.

Carl ran up and grabbed his dad's shoulder. "Dad! Stop!" He said nervously. His dad's arm swung back and knocked Carl off of his feet. Carl sat there wide eyed, looking at all of the people standing around the scene. Then, the leader of the town, a woman, came out and stood in front of Rick and the man. "Rick, stop it now!" She said. He stopped and looked up at her, the fury boiling out of him.

His face was covered in blood.

He let the man go, and the doctor of the community, Denise, came and helped him into his house and had him sit on the couch gently. Rick held his gun up and pointed it around. "W-what?" He said in a shaky, angered voice. His hands were shaking violently.

She looked into his deep blue eyes. "It's never been clearer to me, who belongs here, and who needs to leave." She said, with a calm, but angered tone of voice. Rick looked to her and started laughing hysterically. "Me..? Me..? You mean me..?" He said, in a comedic tone, with a smile on his face.

"You don't know how to lead this place! If I weren't here, this place would be long gone by now. You're ways of leading are DONE! We we'd to live in the real world now!" He said furiously, standing up. Out of nowhere, Michonne came and tackled Rick to the ground, knocking him unconscious.

Carl POV

I can't believe what just happened. And... And (y/n) had to see my dad like that..

I look to her, and she has a shocked look on her face. She looks to me, wanting something. I look into her eyes and think, her eyes seemingly hypnotizing me slowly. I get closer to her and wrap her in a hug. She hugs back, shaking. She's scared...

I look and see Michonne bringing my dad to our house, she shuts the door behind her and there is silence. A blonde woman walks toward our house and knocks on the door. Michonne answers, but I can't hear what she says... All I see is a shake of the head, signifying "no". The woman walks away, teary eyed.

I grab (y/n)'s hand and we walk over to a tree and I let go and begin to climb. I grab her hand and help her up. I look at her, with a sad look. "I'm sorry you had to see that.." I say, biting my lip.

She looks into my eyes sympathetically. "There's nothing to be sorry for. Your dad probably had a logical reason for doing something like that.." She said, grabbing my hand gently. Her skin is soft, like babies skin. I run my them over the top of her hand gently.

I took a deep breath, a tear sliding down my cheek. She looks up, and moves closer to me, wiping the tear from my face. I hate crying... It makes me look weak, but... Agh...

Then I feel her soft lips, kiss my cheek gently. I look over to her. "It'll be okay.." She says calmly, her bright eyes twinkling as she looked at me. I put my head on her shoulder, and she ran her fingers through my hair.

It made me think of when my mother used to do that. I'd be scared, and go running to her, crying. She would run through my hair with her fingers gently and hum a soft tune to me, that always calmed me down.

Then, (y/n) started whistling the same exact tune. The tune to "you are my sunshine". Each note softly vibrating from her lips, as I lean against her, tears dripping from my eyes.

I missed my mom..

I was the one who had to kill her... I... I still remember that to this day.... It haunts me... It haunts my soul.... I feel like my soul is darkening... It's just melting away...

(Y/n) stopped humming and lifted my head up. "You wanna go in he house? It's starting to get dark.." She said softly. I nodded and we climbed out of the tree together.

We made it to the house, and I opened the door. I could hear a soft crying, a raspy male cry, that sent pain into my heart. It was my dad...

We walked in and my dad was sitting on the couch with his face in his hands. He was all cleaned up, he heard the door open and looked up. His bright blue eyes filled with tears. His heart was broken, and I needed to know why.

I told (y/n) to go wait for me upstairs. She left and I went and sat by my dad. "Dad... What's wrong...?" I said, sitting beside him. He looked up at me, with a pained look in his eyes.

"I-im sorry you had to see that.. I... I'm a monster..." He said, a tear fell down his cheek. "I... I can't save her... I'm trying so hard... But..." I stopped him, putting my hand on his shoulder. "Save who..?" I said sympathetically. I knew my dad, when he loved someone, he wanted to protect them with his life. Kind of a sheriff default, wanting to save every life possible.

He is a kind man, always caring for others. He looked to me.

"Jessie... Her husband... He... abuses her... I can't stand by and let it happen..." He said, putting his face in his hands again. I hugged him, hoping that could calm him down. "Dad... Let's wait a day or two... And calm down... Okay?" I said quietly, as I hugged him.

He nodded.

"Okay....."

Feel free to let me know what you think of the story so far!! I'm enjoying writing this! There are most likely going to be more canon scenes sprinkled into the story, so keep an eye out for them:)