ii. new

I felt bad, I felt as though I was slowing him down, but he didn't seem to care, he seemed to want to help me out. It was nice to see that somebody in this world cared about me this much.

We reached a meadow looking area, and a walker came up behind us. He turned around so fast, that I got tossed into the soft grass. He aimed his pistol and shot it in the head. He turned to me, knowing I was alright, but he decided to make sure.

"You alright?" He asked kindly, as he helped me to my feet. I nodded and just looked at him. He put my arm over his shoulder and we continued on toward... Wherever we were headed I guess...

We got across the meadow and my mouth went wide as I saw where we were headed. There were large metal walls surrounding something, and I was intrigued to know what lie on the inside of those walls, because it might be safe.

We reached a tall chain link area and he shook the fence a bit. Someone peeked over and smiled. "Hey Carl." They yelled.

Carl Huh.. So that's what his name is.

The person went to the gates and opened them quickly, looking at me. They looked at my ankle, where Carl's shirt was tied and smiled at Carl. "Saved someone today eh?" They said with a smile. Carl nodded and he,led me into the gates.

We got in and the person slid the gate shut and locked it tight. Carl and I walked a ways down a street looking area, and made it to a house. There were quite a few houses here, in this place.

He looked at me, and picked me up bride style, and carried me up the stairs. We made it to the top, and he set me down gently. He opened the door to the house, and a man was inside. He looked at me, and then at Carl.

"Who's this?" The man asked with a low, raspy voice.

Carl looked at the man.

"Found her out there, she sprained her ankle, and I decided to save her. Well we crossed paths, and I found her there hurt." He said, leading me to a couch. I sat down, and nodded, confirming what happened.

The man walked up and held his hand out. I hesitated for a moment, confused what he wanted, but then I put my hand in his and shook it. He looked me in the eyes. "I'm Rick, Carl's dad." He said calmly.

"And you are...?" He asked politely.

I looked up at him, and replied, "(y/n).."

He smiled at me. "Nice to meet Ya, if Ya need anythin', ask Carl, he'll help Ya." He said looking at Carl, making sure he heard. Carl nodded and sat next to me. Rick went to he door. "I've gotta go for a bit Carl, I'll be back later." He said, as he walked out of the door.

He shut it behind him and Carl looked at me, smiling. "So, um, guess you figured out my name already.. So Uh, what do you like to do...?" He asked awkwardly.

I looked at him, starting to blush, his blue
Eyes were twinkling so brightly as he look at me. I shrugged. "W-well... Um.. I like to Uh... Do archery.." I said nervously. He smiled. "Cool. Archery is cool." He laid back on the couch and continued to look at me.

Suddenly, the cries of a baby echoed through the house. He stood up and ran upstairs, coming back down with a baby, a girl. He stood, cradling the baby close to him. He looked to me, "this is Judith, my baby sister." He said with a smile.

He held her, looking into her eyes kindly

He held her, looking into her eyes kindly. I watched how gentle he was, and that explained how and why he helped me, he just really cared about people. I smiled to myself and sat here, watching him hold the baby.

He looked at me and smiled. "She's cute Huh?" He said quietly, as if to not startle the little one. The gentleness he showed, made me blush. Did I like him..? I think i do... But I can't say anything... Not yet... We just met... I thought as I sat there watching.

He sat beside me, and the baby yawned. She began closing her eyes, and fell asleep. Her small breaths, blowing his hair around like a light breeze.

He seemed sweet.

Hope your enjoying this so far!!:3
I'm especially enjoying the precious cinnamon roll Carl:3