Living in Being

In the midst of that awful fall I clamored for thought

realizing life was not indeed everything

But moments, those, were absolutely everything.

A waft of vanilla rekindled the lapse of time and brought me back

to the days of younger years of absent minds.

        A smile grew as infectious as a child's laughter. Ah the happiness of blissful ignorance!

As I walked down the busy street, I listened and found a melody-

tore me apart inside limb from limb as memories flooded of that heartbreaking night.

      She left. She left me when I needed her most. When I needed myself the most and realized I had been lost.

I braved myself all these years as I built the bridges. Trekking life as if one day everything I persevered through would surmount to a moment so gloriously inducing of enlightenment, that would provide itself as a reason to have lived, loved, lost, and forgotten. It has not. I'll tell you when I realize that it never will.

Sitting there at the funeral comforting my mother as she wept tears of sorrow did I know for a few short breaths

        What it meant to live.

Life was meaningless. You lived to live. To be. The opportunity most of everyone was given to, yet somehow the fixation of living itself surpassed the importance of being.

And in those short few breaths I stopped and said to myself this, too, shall pass.

Doesn't mean I've got to stick around feeling sorry for myself waiting for it to pass so I walked on and thought one day I will be watching the television and see this god damn commercial I'm watching and reminisce of this.