Boy Time! Sorry... Man Time! (Pete's POV)

"Where are we even going?" Joe asked from the middle seat.
"I was wondering that myself," Andy said as he laughed.
"To be honest, I really have no idea... I don't remember what's up here, so you just want to drive around somewhere and see if there's anything to do?" I asked as I chuckled.
"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm starving. Wanna look for a place to eat?" Patrick asked.
"Yes!" I said. "I'm hungry too."
"Me too! I'm in!" Joe said.
"What about you, Andy?" Patrick asked as he turned around and looked at Joe and Andy.
"I got my snacks with me," Andy said as he held his weird vegan snacks up.
"Always coming prepared," Joe said.
"Damn right," Andy said as he laughed.
"Atta boy, Andy!" I said as I laughed.

We drove around for another ten minutes until we decided on a little diner. I remembered going here all the time with my parents whenever I was younger and we'd come up here. Good memories. I should bring Bronx up here sometime...

"God, I remember this place," I said as we walked inside.
"Was it good?" Joe asked.
"Best food in the whole town," I said.
"Well, thank you for saying that!" the waitress said as she walked up to us. "Just the four of you this afternoon?"
"Yes ma'am!" Patrick said as he smiled.
"Alright! Right this way!" she said as she started walking towards a table.

Once we got to the table, we all sat down and she took our drink orders and said she'd be back in a minute or two. While she was away, Joe, Patrick, and I looked over the menu. Andy just sat there on his phone. Good thing he's got his vegan snacks to tide him over.

"Here's your drinks," she said as she set each of them down by us.
"Thank you," we all said.
"Not a problem," she said as she smiled. "Do you all need a few more minutes or are you ready to order?"
"I think we're ready," I said as I looked at Joe and Patrick.
"Alright, what can I get the three of you?" she asked.
"I'll have just a regular cheeseburger," Joe said.
"Alright. Fries with that?" she asked as she scribbled something down.
"Yes please," Joe said.
"Alright, what about you sir?" she asked Patrick.
"I'll actually get the same as him," Patrick said as he chuckled.
"Alright," she said as she smiled. "And you?"
"I'm going to be the odd ball and get the chicken strips," I said.
"Good choice," she said as she laughed. "Nothing wrong with being the odd ball."
"Tell me about it," I said as I laughed.
"I will be back shortly with your food!" the waitress said as she smiled, took our menus, and walked away.
"She was nice," Patrick said.
"Yeah, I remember her," I said. "She, I swear to god, was always my parents and I's waitress whenever we came here for lunch or dinner."
"Think she remembers you?" he asked.
"Probably not," I said.

We discussed that and other things like that for a few more minutes, then got to talking about stuff for the band. Sheesh, even when we're having a break from the band, we're not, if you get what I mean. I don't mind talking about these things, but I want to relax this week..

"And here's your burgers," the waitress said as she put a plate down in front of Joe and Patrick. "And your strips."
"Thanks," the three of us said.
"No problem! Need any refills on drinks?" she asked.
"Could I get some more water?" Andy asked.
"Sure can!" she said as she took Andy's glass. "You three?"
"I'm good," the three of us said in unison.
"Alright, I'll be right back!" she said.

The three of us practically dove into our food, which made Andy laugh and make the comment, "You crazy people and your meat." He's a crazy vegan.

"Here you go!" the waitress said as she set Andy's glass back down in front of him.
"Thanks," Andy said as he smiled.
"Any of you need anything?" she asked.
"I think we're all good," I said.
"Awesome," she said. "Hey, how are your parents doing, Pete?"
"Guess she does remember you," Patrick said as he laughed.
"How could I forget? Especially when you ordered the strips. Whenever he came in with his folks, he'd always, and I mean always, order the chicken strips. Half the time he wouldn't even need to order, all of us knew what he wanted," she said.
"You guys make good strips! I can't help it!" I said as I laughed. "And they're great. They allowed all of us to spend the week up at the lake house, so that's why I'm back."
"That's awesome! And I heard you got a band together... Fall Out Boy?" she asked. "Obviously you're Joe, Patrick, and Andy."
"In the flesh," they all said as they smiled.
"Yeah, it's been really fun, but this vacation week is much needed," I said.
"I bet," she said as she laughed. "Well, just holler if you need anything. I'll let you all get back to your meals."

We all smiled as she walked away, then the three of us continued stuffing our faces. Once we finished, the waitress came back and took our plates, then gave us the bill. I paid for everything, but not without fighting Patrick about it, which made Joe and Andy sit back and laugh.

"You suck, Pete," Patrick said as we got up and walked towards the front counter.
"Love you, Trick," I said as I laughed.
"Getting ready to head out?" the waitress asked.
"Yup! Should probably get back to the wives and girlfriend back at the lake house," I said as I laughed.
"I hope you all have a great time this week and I hope to see you all again soon!" she said.
"Thanks! It was good seeing you again, Courtney!" I said as I waved as we walked out.