Kids in Love

And we were just kids in love,

The summer was full of mistakes, we wouldn't learn from

The first kiss stole the breath from our lips,

Why did the last one tear us apart?

~Mayday Parade, "Kids in Love"

Luke's POV

It’s early in the morning when I, the designated responsible band member of the week, wake up my band mates and tell them to all get ready. We’re moving out today, so we have to move fast.

Ashton goes to try and make breakfast, although he’ll probably end up burning it and we’ll eat breakfast at the airport. While he’s cooking, Calum, Michael and I rush around and pack our things. I’m going double time and packing Ashton’s things too. He hates when our clothes get mixed up, so I have to be extra careful.

When I hear Ashton moan in distress in the kitchen, I know it’s an airport-breakfast kind of day. I go out to the kitchen and hug him from behind as he stares miserably at the blackened eggs. I can’t help but giggle a little.

“Don't laugh,” he says grumpily. “It’s not funny.”

“Of course it’s not,” I reassure him, sobering up quickly. “It’s just--how did you manage to ruin eggs? I didn’t know it was even possible.”

“I don’t know,” he says, pouting. “I turned away for a minute, and it turned black.”

He’s usually cheerful in the mornings, but his mood can swing when it’s this early, so it isn’t that odd for him to be upset over eggs. I tell him that we’ll just get breakfast at the airport, not to worry. He eventually relaxes, especially after I point out that his suitcase is all packed.

We finally grab our suitcases and get ready to go. We’re all in travel clothes--skinny jeans, hoodies and sweaters (Calum's wearing his Drop Dead one), and various assortments of shoes and beanies. The taxi ride is a little quiet, since it's just getting light out and we’re exhausted. There’s some quiet chatter scattered here and there. Calum falls asleep halfway through and Ashton’s almost silent, nodding off on my shoulder. Michael’s intensely focused on his DS, and I’m battling him halfhearted my on mine. We pull up to the airport and Michael and I wake up Calum and pull a sleepy Ashton out of the taxi.

I do most of the checking in and then we go to eat something at an airport Starbucks before we catch our flight in an hour.

---

Calum’s POV

Jody texts me that she’s on her way to the airport.

Me: How soon u gonna be heeeeere :(

Jody: idk, 10 minutes?

Me: I can’t believe the guys get to meet u before I do D:

Jody: why do they have to, just find me first and then we go find them. Assuming I don't have a panic attack first

Me: y would u have a panic attack??

Jody:  meeting someone from a band isn’t the same as texting them.

Me: you’ll be fine. can we meet, then?

Jody: yea, where? Im coming through security check rite now.

Me: uh, theres a bookstore nearby. See it?

Jody: yea, meet me there.

Me: k, be there in a minute : D