Chapter Two

Oh joy, my first day here and already being bothered... Great. The boys pile in to what looks like Jake's  SUV and pull up beside me.

"You ready to go princess?"  Jake says pulling out a smoke.

"You ready to die at a young age? From lung cancer."  I pop back. The guy in the seat behind Jake laughs.

"Shut up Ryan." Allen says turning around to face him.

"Good one princess. Now seriously are you ready?" Jake says putting out the smoke.

"I have a name. If you'd care to know, its Maria. So stop with the pet names."  I say backing out.

We pull out onto the street and head to the mall. They don't know i have i a gps, so if they try and take me somewhere else ill know and head home. A few minutes later we turn in to the mall parking lot. I grab my wallet and hide my purse. I hop out and stand there while they all get out of the SUV.

" Ready buttercup?" Jake says.

"Ugh." i storm off towards the mall doors.

"Hey Maria, wait up." i turn to see Ryan running after me.

"Oh so you listened when i said my names Maria, not princess, not buttercup, not sweetheart, and not sugar?"

"I'm sorry about Jake he can be a real ass sometimes. He thinks every girl wants him."

" Ass doesn't even cover it. And I would never go out with a guy like him." I say stopping right outside the doors to the mall.

"Why? Do you prefer the cowboy type since your from Kentucky? "  I'm shocked he even remembers I'm from Kentucky.

"Because hes a ass and a jerk... And no that's not the type i like. I mean there are some cute cowboys but that don't mean that's the type i like. I'm actually shocked you remembered where im from."

"Hey, whoa why did you walk away and Ryan why did you follow her?" Allen says as Jake and the other two guys walk up. I still don't know there names. Not too worried about it either. They're probably like Jake.

"Because I'm not one of those girls you can drool over and just have in a snap, and your pal Jake, needs to get that through his head." 

"Well i wasn't going to let her storm off in to the mall alone. She knows no one but us and you pissed her off so i wanted to make sure she was fine." Ryan says all defensively.

"Will you chill out I was just messing, yeah know trying to get you to laugh a little. Didnt know that was such a crime." Jake says.

" Well what ever. I would like to hurry because i still have to go to Wal-Mart and get paint for my room." i say as i open the door to the mall.

We walk in to the mall and its not really busy for it being almost five. I need some new clothes and boots.

"Hey Ryan, can you show me where Rue 21 is? Then you guys can go do what ever it is you do." i ask

" Sure no problem. And Nick needs basketball shoes so we could stay with you and show you to Wal-Mart That is if you think you can handle staying with Jake." 

"Yeah Maria, can you handle me?" Jake says winking.

"Oh I'm sure i can manage if you stop with the pet names, or else you will get punched. Got it?"

"Got it MARIA."

We walk through the mall. Jake,Allen, Nick, and the other guy leading. Ryan stayed back to talk to me.

"So where are you gonna go to school?" He asks.

" The private school, St.Augustine Academy. I start Tuesday, maybe."

"Hate to break it to you but we all go there."

"Great...Which ones Nick?"

" Nick's the one in between Allen and Trevor. Are you a sophomore or junior.?"

"I'm a sophore. What about you and your gang."

"Jake's and Allen are juniors, and Nick, Trevor and I are sophomores. Nick and Trevor are twins."

" Well at least i wont really have to deal with Jake and Allen."

" Hey Maria, you want use to stay in here with you while you try stuff on?" Allen yells from the entrance to Rue.

Ryan looks at me and whispers, " I'll handle them, don't worry."

"Yeah, never know when i might need advice." I say looking at Jake.

They all whistle and we head into the store.