Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Jay

After about 3 minutes of Anna dragging me through the streets of New York, we reach a large brick building. I looked up to searching for the name of it, only to find the name covered in red spray paint, spelling the words 'THE SURVIVORS'.

"Here it is!" Anna said.

She skipped up to the door and scanned her hand on the Hand Reader.

"State names." The electronic voice

commanded.

"Anna Smillie, and guest, " Anna looked at me, and then asked quietly, "Hey what's your name again?"

"Bethany Forrester." I told her, chuckling.

"Bethany Forrester." She finished.

The automatic doors slid open and Anna led me in. The room was obviously a lobby. A large chandelier was hanging from the ceiling. Two glass elevators were on the right hand side and colorful couches and chairs were arranged neatly around an iTable on the left. On the screen of the table was what looked like a large map. I'll have to ask about that later, I thought to myself.

All parts of the glamorous lobby were wonderful but what really caught my attention was the check-out counter that lie in the middle of the room. It was not particularly the glass counter with a computer and a nice vase filled with roses that interested me, but the person behind it.

Leaned back in a swivel chair with his feet propped up on the counter was a guy about my age. His ruffled, messy hair was a dark brown color and he had bright green eyes. He wore a slightly dirty gray T-shirt and blue jeans.

The boy smiled when he saw Anna. Then he looked at me. He looked slightly confused for a second then put his smile back on.

"Look, Jay! I found another person! This is Bethany!" Anna told him happily.

So this was the mysterious Jay.

"Wow, Anna! That's wonderful! Great job!" Jay said, patting her on the back.

He sounded genuinely happy for her. Not that fake happiness adults use, but real joy in his voice.

"I'm sorry. I haven't properly introduced myself. Jay Wainwright."

Jay said, holding out his hand.

I shook it, worrying about whether I was blushing or not.

"Bethany Forrester." I told him.

"Well, Bethany, it's very nice to meet you. Always good to know that there's another survivor. If you'll follow me, I'll show you your new room." He said, holding out his arm.

I took it and Jay led me to the glass elevator.

I felt wonderful. Not only because of Jay, but because I now have friends. I am not alone any more. I now have a home.

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

AN:

Eehehehehe :)

I know I have a lot of editing to dooo but shut up