Chapter:28

*Paisley's POV*

I try not to think. Thinking only leads to more heartache. It's been almost a week since the party and things haven't gotten better. I rarely come out of my room, only to eat, and my refusal to talk to my parents only frustrates them further. They keep attempting to get me to tell them what happened but my mouth doesn't ever open.

He comes every day. He tries to get my parents to let him talk to me but I refuse every time they ask. I don't ever see him but I know that he's there, I can feel it in my veins. It's the same thing every day, he asks to see me, my parents tell him I don't want to talk, he sighs sadly before leaving, promising to come back the next day.

And every time it happens my heart aches. There's no changing the fact that I'm in love with Xander but after what he did I know that I will never be able to forgive him. I had thought that things were finally going in the right direction but I was obviously wrong. Xander says that there's an explanation to what he was doing, that it wasn't what it looked like, but how can I believe him?

There is no good explanation for cheating. He cheated on me. That's it, that's all there is to it and I refuse to hear his halfhearted excuse and hurt myself more. My friends have come to see me. Seth, Lela and Perrie came first. They tried to talk to me, ask me what happened, but I don't reply and instead stared straight ahead at my wall.

Dylan and Blake also came to see me. It was a short visit and it consisted of them trying to make me feel better. The two brothers didn't mention the incident or Xander at all, which I was grateful for, and instead focused on getting me to smile. Which I did but only briefly. I hate swimming in my own self pity but I can't help myself. I feel so incomplete, like a piece of me is missing, which I guess is true.

I let out a quiet sigh and ran a hand through my wet hair. I had just gotten out of the shower and hadn't bothered to dry my hair because what's the point? I could hear my parents shuffling around downstairs, talking in quiet voices, and I was thankful that they hadn't bothered me today.

My heart constricted painfully when I glanced at the clock. Twelve thirty. The time Xander comes everyday. A knock sounded through the house, right on time, and I listened carefully as my mother answered the door. I couldn't hear their voices but I knew that they were taking. I waited for a few minutes, expecting the door to close and my mother to sigh sadly, but that didn't happen.

Instead I heard two pairs of footsteps on the hardwood floor and the door close behind them. My heart beat increased when I heard the pair walking up the stairs and towards my door. I felt anger flood through me. I specifically told my parents that I didn't want to see him.

They stopped in front of my bedroom door and my heart was nearly jumping out of my chest now.

"Just go right in." My mom said before waking away. He stood outside my door for a few moments before I watched the door knob slowly turn and the door being pushed open. I held my breath until he stepped into the room. The breath left me and I felt my eyebrows jump up into my hairline.

"Cole?" I questioned, watching as my mates Bestfriend stepped further into my bedroom. Cole didn't answer but simply stared at me with a blank look on his face. I knew that I must look horrible. My hair was hanging in dripping wet strands by my face, the dark bags under my eyes contrasted with my light skin, my eyes were red and glossy from the never ending tears.

Cole sighed before taking a seat on my computer chair. The silence that surrounded us was heavy and it was becoming unbearable so I finally spoke.

"What are you doing here?" I asked quietly, looking down at my bed sheet. Cole didn't answer for a moment, causing me to frown but my frown only deepened when he answered.

"Your being an idiot and I came to tell you that." Cole finally said. My eyes widened and my head snapped up to him. When he saw my bewildered expression he rolled his eyes and sighed yet again.

"What?" I asked, completely confused. Cole pursed his lips and leaned forward slightly.

"I said your being a complete idiot and I just thought that you should know that." He explained. My mouth was practically hanging open and I couldn't make sense of what he was saying. Cole didn't wait for me to respond but instead continued to talk.

"Your siting here drowning in your own self pity and not even thinking about the other person that this is affecting." He said, his voice sounding angry. I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest, my defenses coming up. Truth be told I think about Xander all the time but nobody needs to know that.

"He's the one who cheated on me." I said stubbornly. Cole clenched his jaw and took a deep breath.

"And that's the thing. If you would just listen to what he has to say, listen to his explanation then none of this would be happening right now." Cole stated. I bit my lip and looked away from his angry face.

"There is nothing to listen to, he cheated on me, there's no explanation." I argued. It hurt saying it out loud. I could see that Cole was only getting more angry as I spoke but he contained it well.

"He didn't cheat on you! You just think he because your being stupid and refuse to even let him talk to you! You think that your the one who's hurting the most right now but I can assure you that your not. Now I have never seen my best friend cry because he's tougher then a nail but he's been a crying, blubbering mess this past week. He's the one hurting right now because his mate is convinced that he did something he didn't and she won't even give him the chance to explain himself. So stop pitying yourself and think about somebody besides yourself."

Coles outbreak left me completely speechless but even if I could have conjured up something to say I wouldn't have been able to because right after he finished his angry speech he got up and stormed out of the room. I've never seen Cole so angry before, he's usually the funny, happy all the time, guy but this was something entirely new.

I had to blink multiple times before I was able to process what he had just said. His words hurt but I knew that I had to consider what he had said. I also knew that if he was speaking the truth then I had a lot of things that needed to be done, starting with speaking to Xander.

...............................................................

Hey guys! So I decided that I didn't want to wait for next week to update this chapter, so here you go. What do you think? Anyways I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!(: