Chapter:27

*Paisley's POV*

Xander stood in the middle of the room. His shirt was lying on the floor next to his feet and his bare chest was on display. The girls shirt was also off, her hair was a wild mess and she was standing only inches away from my mate.

Both of their heads snapped towards me when the door opened and I saw Xander's eyes widen. He immediately took three large steps away from the girl, turning his whole body towards me. My mouth was hanging open and it felt like my heart was being ripped in half.

I tried to think of a reasonable explanation but there wasn't one. They were both half naked and alone in a room. My eyes filled with tears and I took a small step backwards. Xander saw the look in my eyes, the betrayal, and opened his mouth to speak.

"Paisley this is not what it looks like." Xander began in a panicked voice. My breathing had begun to speed up and the tears were now streaming down my face. Xander took another step towards me but I was quick to take two back. Xander looked as if he was going to try to speak again but I quickly held my hand up.

"No! Don't! This is exactly what it looks like. I can't believe you Xander, after everything we've been through! I'm done. I'm not going to forgive you this time, I'm not going to give you another chance, were over." My voice was wobbly but firm.

My mark tingled in an uncomfortable way and my wolf howled out. I hadn't properly said it but what I had just said was very close to a rejection. Xander's eyes widened before his hand flew to his chest, grasping it like he was in pain. I watched as his dark eyes became glossy and his bottom lip trembled.

It pained me to see him like that but I knew that it was what needed to be done.

"Paisley don't, just let me explain. You've got it all wrong! I wasn't cheating-" Xander's panicked voice filled the room but I cut him off by closing the space between myself and the door. My hand was on the knob and I didn't even spare him another glance before I threw the door open and ran out of the room.

I knew that he was following me but I didn't stop as I stumbled down the large staircase and pushed my way through the drunken crowd. I spotted our friends standing off to the sidelines, trying to wave me over but once they got a good look at my tear stained cheeks and my frantic mate chasing behind me a worried expression covered their faces.

I bolted through the front door and the cool night air slapped me in the face. I was still slightly wobbling because of my heels but I didn't pay that any attention as I continued to run down the side walk.

I quickly recognized the neighborhood and realized that I wasn't far from my house. I speedily made my way down the street and turned the corner when I heard his voice again.

"Paisley wait!" Xander yelled. He was only a few feet behind me and I was slightly surprised that I was able to outrun him. I didn't stop only continued to run away, tears blurring my vision. My wolf urged me to stop and listen to what our mate had to say but I didn't.

My large house came into view causing me to speed up because I could feel Xander closing in on me. I fumbled with the front door but quickly got it open before dashing in and slamming the door behind me. I secured the lock right as Xander hit the door. His fists banged on the door, the loud noise consuming the quiet house.

My parents were out tonight so I knew that I didn't have to worry about them hearing the commotion.

"Paisley please let me in! Just let me explain!" Xander pleaded. I ignored him and leaned my back against the rattling door. My wet eyes slowly closed before I carelessly slid down the door, plopping onto the ground. I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them to me tightly. The first sob that left my mouth was loud and heartbreaking but I could no longer hold them in.

The pounding momentarily stopped when he heard it but then it continued up again, even more urgent. It felt like it continued forever, Xander continually pounded on the door and begged for me to let him in, to let him explain, but nothing he said could get me to rise from the floor where I was a sobbing mess.

I could feel all of the energy slowly draining from my body and eventually my sobs turned into quiet whimpers but my tears were an endless stream. The darkness of sleep was slowly closing in on me and I did nothing to fight it but right before I closed my eyes I heard one last plea, a plea that came from the voice of a broken man.

"Angel please."

And then I was gone.

..

My eyes didn't open when I heard the voices outside the front door. I could feel light streaming into the room so I concluded that I had slept through the night and it was now morning but I didn't open my eyes.

"What in the world?" I heard the voice of my dad. They were on the other side of the front door but I could hear them clearly.

"What is he doing there?" Asked my mom. I had an idea about who she was taking about.

"I don't know, lets ask him." Answered my dad. A few seconds passed before I heard the sound of a hand patting another.

"Xander. Son wake up." My dad said as he shook Xander awake, or I assumed that was what he was doing. A quiet groan was heard before a familiar voice spoke, one that made my heart clench.

"What? Whats going on?" Xander sounded bewildered.

"We found you asleep on our front porch. How did you end up there and where is Paisley?" My dad asked. I heard Xander suck in a shape breath before shakily releasing it.

"Paisley." Xander's voice sounded broken and hoarse. I was silent for a few seconds before I heard my mom quietly gasp.

"Why are you crying honey?" She asked. It broke my heart to know that Xander was crying but then I remembered what he did and tears of my own came forth.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I need to go, she won't see me anymore. Just tell her that I'm sorry." Xander's voice was wobbly and I assumed that he had walked away because I heard footsteps quickly fading away.

"I wonder what that was about." My mom said before I heard the sound of keys being inserted. The front door slowly creaked open and I felt it slightly brush my back. I had thankfully curled up into a ball a few feet away from the door in the middle of the night.

My parents entered the house and it took them about two seconds to realize that I was lying on the floor. They both quickly ran over to me before crouching down.

"What is going on?" Questioned my dad. Nobody answered his question. I felt a hand brushing my hair out of the way to reveal my puffy, red face. My dad sighed before leaning away from me.

"Something must have happened between the two, something bad." Dad concluded. He couldn't have been more right. Mom also sighed before softy brushing my face.

"I thought that things were finally working out between them." She stated. No more words were exchanged but I suddenly felt myself being lifted off of the ground. My dad carefully carried me up the stairs and into my bedroom. He gently placed me on the bed, tucked me in and kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry baby girl." I heard him whisper before he left the room.

A numb feeling settled over me before I drifted back to sleep.

...............................................................

Hey guys! So I decided that I would sit down and write a new chapter because I received soo many comments on the last chapter, I love reading your guys' comments! Anyways I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!(: