Chapter:26

*Paisley's POV*

The music was thumping so loudly in the house that I could feel the vibrations in the ground. The smell of alcohol was strong in the air and the many, many people drinking the liquid were stumbling around crazily. The party was in full swing and as I stood outside observing it with my friends by my side I was beginning to wish that we had all decided to stay home instead.

Its not that I don't like parties, because trust me I do, it's just that the last time I went to a party I ended up with a nasty hickey and an even more confused heart. I sighed as these thoughts came to my mind and quickly pushed them away when I felt a warm hand slip into my own. I smiled up at Xander and allowed him to lead me into the house.

With our friends close behind Xander skillfully weaved through the crowd, pulling me along with him. The only reason that I had agreed to come to this party is because of Xander. He really wanted to come, his reason being that every person should end their graduation night with a wild party. I had rolled my eyes when he said that but agreed to come anyways.

After we had finished up stuff at the school Xander had quickly run me home so I could change out of my pretty, flowing dress and into something more party appropriate, skinny jeans, a nice shirt and my black heals. Xander didn't even bother changing out of the clothes that he had on underneath his graduation robe.

Multiple people greeted us as we made our way through the large, sweaty crowd. We smiled in return and tried our best to answer them over the loud music. It was slightly less crowded in the kitchen which was a great relief seeing as I could hardly breath in the living room.

"Do you want a drink Angel?" Xander questioned as we stopped at the alcohol packed counter. I bit my lip and was about to say no when I decided that I might as well have some fun tonight. I simply nodded my head and accepted the red cup that my mate handed me soon after.

The liquid burned as it went down my throat but I didn't mind and continued to sip from the cup. Lela and Seth suddenly appeared at my side and the rest of our group was quick to follow. I smiled and turned to Lela, I had barely talked to her today.

"Hey how are you? I haven't really gotten a chance to talk to you today." I admitted. Lela smiled in return before answering.

"I'm great. I just can't believe that high school is finally over, well for me at least, you still have a year to go." Lela answered. I frowned and poured my bottom lip when she mentioned that causing her to laugh and give me a quick hug.

"Oh you'll be fine Pais." Lela assured me. I rolled my eyes playfully and stuck my tongue out at her. Lela and I continued to talk for a little while longer before I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I smiled and leaned back into Xander. His hot breath fanned my ear as he spoke.

"Do you want to dance Angel?" A shiver crawled up my spine and goosebumps appeared on my arms before I quickly nodded my head. Xander chuckled before taking my hand and leading me to the middle of the dance floor. The fast paced music was even louder in this room and I slowly let myself go and simply danced to the beat. I was facing Xander and his hands slowly moved up and down my waist, caressing me softly. I laughed when his hands pinched my side's playfully.

Our dancing wasn't out of control like most of the others in the room was but it was fast paced and fun. As the song changed and a slower beat filled the room a smile lit up my face when Xander wrapped his arms around my waist and tugged me closer to him. My hands found their way to his neck and I began to play with the hair that tickled the bottom of his neck.

We were the only people who were slow dancing, my peers were still dancing like wild animals, but we didn't care. I sighed happily and rested my head on Xanders shoulder while he softy ran a hand up and down my back. The song was over far to quickly and with a sigh Xander and I pulled apart. Over his shoulder I saw Lela and Perrie making their way towards us. I smiled at them and looked up when Xander touched my cheek.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." I nodded my head at him and watched as he quickly made his way through the crowd and up the large staircase.

"Hey!" Perrie greeted me when her and Lela finally reached me. I smiled and returned the hug that she had pulled me into.

"Hey. I see that you guys managed to ditch the mates?" I questioned with a smirk. They both nodded their heads and pointed back towards the kitchen.

"They're playing a drinking game with some other guys." Lela answered with an eye roll. I laughed and shook my head.

"Where's your mate?" Perrie questioned, looking around for my other half. I pointed towards the stairs.

"He went to the bathroom." I answered with a shrug. My two best friends nodded their heads before Perries eyes lit up and she suddenly grabbed both mine and Lelas hands and pulled us back onto the dance floor. I hadn't noticed but we had somehow drifted off to the sidelines of the room while talking.

"Dance with me!" Perrie exclaimed before she began to wildly dance. I laughed and shook my head, refusing to dance like an animal but I didn't have much of a choice because Perrie and Lela both grabbed my hands and tried to make me dance. I eventually gave up and joined them in the fun.

We continued to laugh and dance together for who knows how long and it felt good to spend some time with my friends because I hadn't done a lot of that lately. But after about twenty minutes of dancing I finally realized that Xander had yet to return. I frowned before glancing around, trying to locate him. When I concluded that he wasn't in the room I turned to my friends.

"Hey I'm going to go find Xander, I'll be back later." I told the two, slightly drunk girls. Perrie and Lela groaned but didn't protest when I left them and walked into the kitchen. I didn't spot my mate but I did spot the other guys. Seth, Cole, Dylan and Blake all sat at a large table with a few other guys playing some kind of card game.

"Hey have you guys seen Xander?" I questioned when I approached them. They all looked up at me before smiling.

"Nope we haven't seen him. Why did you loose your mate?" Cole questioned, his voice playful. I smiled and nodded.

"Seems like it." I answered. The boys laughed before I slowly walked away from them, keeping an eye out for a certain alpha. After checking most of the bottom level I finally decided to head up the stairs. The second level of the house was much quieter but there was still far to many scents floating around for me to catch Xanders.

I sighed before resorting to opening up the multiple doors that scattered the hallway. The first two rooms were occupied and I quickly shut them, the third room was empty, the fourth room was a bathroom but in the fifth room I found something. In the fifth room I found Xander.

...................................................................................................................

Hey guys! So I tried to make this chapter a bit longer then the last one. Oh and if the spacing is kind of weird then I'm sorry about that, I'm writing on my kindle for the first time so. Anyways I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!(: