Chapter 6: Broken Souls and Visions

When Annabeth returned from the emergency meeting, she rounded us up and we exited the cabin to go to breakfast. When everybody was we seated and served, Chiron raised his goblet and said, 'To the Gods." Then everybody did the same. When that was over, tables started to get up and walk over to the brazier, and then scraped part of their meals into the pit for the gods.

When the Athena cabin went up, I threw in an apple and all of my bacon. Then I silently prayed to Athena, Thank you for claiming me mother, and Can you help me with this problem. I know that I will need your wisdom while finding Nico. Give me a sign!

When we returned to the table I ate my Danish and drank my morning tea in silence until Chiron came back up and did the morning announcements. He pounded his hoof to get everybody's attention then said, "Good morning, Campers. I had an emergency meeting with all of the counselors and discussed the problem at hand. We remade everybody's schedule and made sure that you had time worked in to search. Your counselors will give you the new schedules when you return to your cabins. Now also..."

He continued with pointless things that I didn't care about like Capture the Flag will resume next Friday since we missed it yesterday, and how the canoe race this Monday was still planned and a bunch of other things that had no meaning to me. When he finished talking, we broke off to go back to our cabins and as he said, Annabeth gave us our new schedules( we all had the same just we each got our own copy). Then last minute showers and we headed off to the archery range.

"It's okay if you miss on our first shot. You have never been trained with a bow yet so it is okay." Annabeth said to me. I notched my first arrow into the silver bow and aimed at the center of the target. The whole Athena cabin was watching me. I released and a wave of shock came from my cabinmates when I hit the dead center of the bull's eye. Even Annabeth looked surprised. Finally, everybody got out of the trance and started shooting their own targets, while I continued to shoot the center each time. Next, we went to the climbing wall and I was not so good at that. I got a few scorch marks on my arm and hand but other than that I was fine.

The canoe lessons went terribly. I refused to go into the canoe because I have a fear of tipping over and drowning because I cannot swim. The Percy came up to me and pushed me into the water, not knowing that I cannot stay afloat. I started to sink and Percy had to rescue me.

Then to the arena, we went where people were training with swords, knives, daggers, spears, and all different kinds of weapons that I cannot even name. Percy wanted to do a one on one fight with me to see how well I could wield my knife. The entire Athena Cabin circled around us and prepared to watch me get creamed. "Good luck, Percy is one of the best sword fighters ever in this camp!" Chris whispered in my ear. Well, even if I lose, I'll give them a good show. Mia offered me a bronze sword that looked about a hundred pounds but I simply shook my head and unsheathed my knife.

We faced each other for about 2 minutes, sizing one another up. I knew that he was going to strike when I saw him grip the hilt of his sword tighter and his muscles tensed as he slowly lifted up his sword. I attacked first though because he moved to slow. I swung my knife into his sword and about pushed him over. When I let him go he tried to whack my rib cage with the flat of his sword but I dodged and rolled in between his legs and popped up before he even realized that I wasn't even there. He tried to turn around but when he did I had my knife under his chin, cutting him slightly. As the blood trailed down his neck, he lowered in weapon in defeat, and I smiled in triumph. Then I slowly lowered my blade from his chin and sheathed it.

"Je Percy, you just got beat by a little girl." Emily and Ethan said in unison, then everybody started giggling and laughing. Percy's face was slightly red but he smiled at me.