Plan Twenty: Inverses

“I loved him…” she whispered, tears gently rolling down her perfect ruby cheeks.

I sat there, stunned. If what she’s telling me is true, then that means that Claire and Romeo are…

“I still love him, Jeraud… God, I still love him.” She choked out in a sob.

Claire turned Romeo into a monster by biting him… The thought of him having the capability of doing something like that struck fear into my soul.

The girl rubbed the tears from her eyes furiously. “You know what? It’s really late and we have school tomorrow. We should go to bed.” She advised, getting up from my bed and heading towards the closet, not bothering to shake me from my shock. “Night…” she whispered before turning off the lights and shutting the door.

As I listened to her go up the stairs the realization of what they were finally set in on me. Claire and Romeo were vampires… …

Just like last night, I had no idea how I fell asleep. But instead of the twins shaking me awake it was the monster.

“Jer! Jer wake up! You have to get up or else we’ll be late!” she shook me violently from my sleep.

I felt as if I hadn’t slept at all as I jumped out of bed and put on some clothes, the beast waiting for me at my door. I felt brain dead as I pulled on some jeans and slapped on a shirt. I grabbed my back pack and bust it out of there, hot on the heels of the troll. I hadn’t said a word to her yet, but she hadn’t talked much either. After last night’s conversations-or this morning if you want to be technical-the air felt really heavy. I was tempted to cut it with a butter knife.

“Mom? Dad?” the monster called out as we rushed down the stairs, but no one answered back.

Sharing a curious and concerned look, we both ran to the kitchen to see if anyone was there. The kitchen was empty.

“Mother? Father?” I called out this time.

“Maybe they already left. The twins aren’t here, either.” The beast suggested with a shrug.

I raised a brow at her, not thinking that to be the case. Why would they leave without waking us up seeing how late we were? It seemed highly unlikely, but I shrugged back at her and turned back around towards the front door. We jumped out the front door and locked it before speed walking out of the front lawn.

“Come on, Jer. Get on.” The beast commanded, maneuvering herself so her back was in front of me.

“What?” I hissed.

“Just get on! We’re gunna be late and I need to talk to Romeo, okay?!” she hissed back.

“Get on your back?!” I yelled at her, not even flinching from her tone.

“Yeah, Jer, come on.” She rolled her eyes.

“It’s Jeraud, freak.” I scolded her, awkwardly getting on top of her back. “Don’t think I’ll believe you just because of last night. I’m still joining the Sr. Ellik and I’m still trying to get rid of you.”

She didn’t answer back as she secured me to her back, wrapping her arms around my legs. “Shut your eyes and squeeze tighter.” she ordered.

“What?” I asked, but I asked too late. She took off at speeds that felt like 0-60 in a matter of seconds. I yelped in surprise as I choked her neck and hid my face in her long, black, berry scented hair. The freezing, autumn air was whipping around us making it feel as if I was on a roller coaster rather than a person-or a werewolf, whichever way you wanted to look at it. My throat tightened as I withheld a scream in my lungs, not even wanting to breath in fear that I’d let it go. In a matter of seconds, though it felt like minutes of being in a wind tunnel, everything stopped.