Chapter 13: Vampire Blood Addiction Is the Real Deal. Trust me.

"We agreed obedience, pet, did we no?" His smooth voice slithered over me despite my disorientation. I was coming down from the high. I knew what to expect by now--it had been a little over a week since violet-eyes repeated the same routine— but that didn't make it any less painful.

"Don't remember," I gritted out as the third stage hit: fever. Sweat started to drip down my body. Too hot. It was too hot. Everywhere. Way too hot. Like being bathed in molten rock or taking a dip in the sun. The fever wasn't the worst stage, but it zapped my energy from me the fastest. I was a exhausted, gasping, and sweating mess curled on the floor.

"Oh Kyle, Kyle, Kyle," he purred slinking closer to me. I hated how he said my name. I hated him in general, but especially hated him when he said my name. Mostly, I hated myself for being weak and telling him my name. That had been on the third day of his game. The first day he let me come down from it alone. He never said why, but I knew. He wanted me to know the suffering, know the pain that would come from it so that he'd wield leverage over me. I had done good the first day. But it didn't stop there. Coming down wasn't as simple as a 24-hour cycle. If it was I could handle it no problem. But damn, it was a fucking long time.

I couldn't say how long. I had yet to get close, if what violet-eyes told me was true. He could have been lying to get me to give in faster. I doubted that though. As much as he seemed to demand my obedience, the fucker seemed to get off watching me suffer and break on my own a lot more. Encouraged it actually.

The longest I had gone was stage five. The first stage was unquenchable thirst, the second vomiting, the third fever, the fourth hallucinations, and the fifth the itch.

"I can make all the pain go away," he hummed in my ear, his figure tracing sweat droplets on my chest. "You can get the euphoria of the before. Just say the word. I am nothing if not merciful."

It wasn't as simple as a word I knew. It was always something he wanted. Something to break me a little more, something to control me a little more, something, but not mercy. Never mercy.

"You can piss off," I mumbled.

"Very well I'll leave. But you and I, Kyle, both know you'll be begging for me soon."

I hated that he was right. It was so demeaning. It was so damn hot in here.

***

This is your fault Kyle, Mom said tsking at me as she looked down at me.

"Go away," I said curling myself further into myself and clutching my hands to my ears hoping to block out the sounds.

You always bring disaster with you and now you're being punished for it. How does it feel? How does it feel?

One two, buckle my shoe; three four, you dirty little whore; five six, hit you with bricks; seven eight, cannot wait; nine ten, let's do it all again. It was Hailey's voice that echoed now.

***

I couldn't scratch it. Each time I got close it moved, either to another limb or moved deeper. I tried to dig deeper. I needed to pull it out. I needed it out of me. Now. My fingers hurt, but I couldn't stop, wouldn't stop.