Chapter 12: Never namecall a Psycho, they might actually try to kill you

The bleeding from my wrists finally stopped but the iron-rich smell remained. I gave up struggling against the cuffs that chained me to the wall hours ago. At least, it felt like hours ago. There was no light here to indicate any passage of time, so it could have been longer or shorter.

When I first came to, I flipped. Partially, because I was surrounded by complete darkness but mostly because when I tried to move my hands were restricted by clanking. It was really inconvenient. What if I got a nose itch? Naturally, I thought maybe, just maybe, I could slip my hands out of the restraints. I swear I saw James Bond or TV knock-off version do it. 

What a major failure that idea turned out to be. Between all the twisting, squirming, yanking, and pulling the only change was my exhaustion level and wrist rawness.

"I'm awake now," I shouted rattling the chains in emphasis. "You just gonna leave me chained here forever? Because if so, that's the world's stupidest plan. You should have just killed me, save us both the trouble."

I paused. Silence.

"Hello! Anyone there?"

Silence.

"This just fucking great!" I cursed, sliding down the wall as far as I could to sit, my arms hanging limp above me.

Why me. Why did this shit always happen to me? Was I cursed in a past life or something that justified this kind of torture?

Then I heard it. A latch, somewhere, and then a shuffle. I tried to sense where the movement came from, but the dark yield nothing. A feather of a touch slithered on my left hand. I froze. It hesitated at my wrist, before moving to the cuff. The cuff clanked open and my arm fell to my side. The same was repeated on my other wrist.

"Follow," it was a breathy voice, and clearly female.

Easier said than done. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but it was hella dark and the person wasn't even helpful. It was especially worse when we got to what were stairs. I wasn't expecting it and ended up face-planting on them. The girl didn't even slow down.

When we reached light finally, my eyes almost burned out of their sockets. I had to blink tears away from the pain.

We were in a hallway. An incredibly big and lavish hallway. The kind of hallway that I imagine the Queen of England probably has. The person who got me was a petite girl. Brown hair tied into a ponytail, black women, and incredibly normal. And human. She was utterly human. Which surprised me since the creepy guy that strangled me and knocked me out with his vampire mind tricks seemed to completely hate humans.

"Do all mansions have dungeons?" The stupid question was out of my mouth before I knew it. I could have asked literally a dozen other questions. Where are we? What do you want with me? Are you going to let me go? Just some of the few vital questions I should have said. But off course I asked about mansion and dungeons instead.

 A+ Kyle, A+.

She ignored me and continued to walk down the hall, towards two large doors at the very end. I followed slowly glancing around. We passed one door and I grasped the handle and gave it a yank, eyeing the girl to make sure she didn't see me. It was locked. No escape then, unless I wanted to go back to the dungeon. Whatever was down the hall had to be better than that.

"Wait here." She opened the door slightly and slinked through, leaving me alone in the hall.

When the door was fully shut I bolted towards the nearby window yanking on it. Locked, just like the door. Damn.

"Okay then," I signed looking around. There was enough gold plated hoopla to be El Dorado. It must have all cost a fortune. I walked up to a table and picked up some kind of large vase. They could afford to lose one thing.