{XXII} First Merman In Over A Thousand Years.

Vanessa jerked when Raphael made a noise. He groaned as she sat up next to him, watching as he woke up. He brought his had to his forehead, ''Damn light.'' he said, making her chuckle.

Raphael eyes widen as he sat up quickly, then cried in pain as he brought his hand up behind my neck. ''What happened?" he asked, rubbing his neck as he looked at Vanessa. ''Did we fall asleep out here or something?"

She smiled and moved closer to him. They were back at Coasta Sirenas near the rocky part. It was morning and she had been waiting for him to wake up.

''Raphael,'' she said, taking his hand.

''Huh?" he asked. ''What happened to my clothes? Did I get drunk last night?"

She chuckled, finding it cute. She looked at him straight in the eyes, ''I wanna show you something.''

''Can we eat after? And I'm thirsty as hell.'' he said.

''Oh!" she said, remembering as she grabbed the bag of water bottles Adalyn brought to her. She gave him one and he drunk it in less than a minute. She gave him another, and another, and another.

''Damn.'' he said, throwing it down on the sand.

She smiled a took his hand in hers. It fit perfectly in hers, like it was made for her. She was nervous and wasn't sure how he'll react when she shows him. Will he freak out? Be mad? Happy and excited?

Anything can happen.

''Look at me, in my eyes.'' she said and he hesitated, confused. He did as she said and did as Adayn said. She thought back to yesterday, starting with her transformation and how everything blew up. His eyes were blank, but he was remembering.

When he saw enough, he pulled away quickly. His tan chest moved up and down quickly as he stared at her. She bit her bottom lip, taking this as a bad sign.

''What was that light?" he asked.

''The gift.'' she answered. ''Since I have Queen Severina powers, I can enhance her powers. I. . .it turned you into a mermaid--merman.''

He was quite for a moment, looked to his right. He seemed speechless and she understood. She was speechless herself. Confused, shocked, and more confused.

''I thought that doesn't happen.'' he said, looking at her again.

''It doesn't, but it's possible. Raphael, please understand I wasn't trying to do that. I was trying to save you, but my. . .'' she slowly paused and looked away, her face burning.

''Your what?" he asked. ''Vanessa.'' he said when she didn't answer.

She breathed out heavily and looked at him, ''My love, it's strong for you. It enchanted into the gift and I gave you a piece of me. Now, drink you water.'' she said, throwing him another water bottle since she was embarrassed a little. She brought her knees up to her chest, hugged them, and looked out into blue ocean.

She quickly regretted telling Raphael that, wishing she could take it back. It seemed so weird. She always wanted the guy to be the first to say 'I love you' and Raphael might not even feel that way back.

She felt his hand go across her chest, behind her head, and he made her turn her head so she could look at him. Before she could ask what he's doing, she felt his mouth against hers.

Her eyes quickly closed and since it was surprise, she fell to her side. She chuckled since he had fell with her and she moved down on her back. He crawled on top of her, kissing her.

He lifted his head up a moment later, smiling down at her, ''You saved me,  how can I not love you?  he asked.

''You're not mad?" she asked. ''I wasn't trying.''

''You went against a queen for me.'' he said. ''I'm not mad.''

She brought her hands up to his chest, ''She's only gone for now. She's pissed I did it, but she wants me to show you how to live like us. My responsibly. She can't take it away, she tried.''

''I'm alive because of it.'' he said. ''I'm not scared of her, Vanessa.''

''You're the first merman in over a thousand years. Allot of pressure.'' she said.

''I'm sure I'll get use to it.'' he said. ''Scary, but you going to be here. You are staying, right?"

She smiled and nodded, ''I'm not going anywhere.''

''You're beautiful, Vanessa.'' he said and she blushed. Just the way he said it, it made her feel beautiful.

''You're beautiful to. Allot of girls are going to be after you now that you have that enchantment glow.'' she said.

''But I'll be yours.'' he said and she liked that. ''I love you, Vanessa.''

She brought her hands up around his neck when he leaned down and kissed her. She felt so warm with him there. So right, nothing to be scared of. She was staying in Coasta Sirenas with Raphael and her dad. She wasn't going anywhere.

Author Note

The sequel is out! Go check out The First Merman!