{VII} Lady Part, Seaweed, and Job Promotion.

Vanessa sat on her bathroom counter as the water filled her small shower tub. She was wondering how she was suppose to clean her feet when they were turn into fins and what happens when she sprouts a tail? How does she clean her lady part?

                Ugh, she thought, rolling her eyes as she jumped off and turned off the water. She stripped from her clothes and hurry into the hot water, she laid back and relax. It wasn’t long before her feet changed before her eyes and so did her arms. Her finger nails were getting longer and they were forming into a point shape, the gels creeping up to the top of her hand and fingers.

                She slid her back down the tub and went into the water. She stared up at the ceiling from under the water and she didn’t even did to take a breath before she did it.

                Her thought turned to her life, her father, and what she needs to do. She isn’t sure what she wants to do actually. She loved the freedom of being a mermaid, she never felt so full in her life like she actually belong on the world and meant to do something, but then there’s her family and father.

                She just can’t leave him, not after losing her mother. She couldn’t just leave him here heart broken all over again and then what? She would miss him so badly, she could never bare to leave him behind.

                So what’s more important to her? Freedom or her father?

                Her eyes stung and she didn’t feel her tears as they came out.

                {}

                Vanessa walked in her class and saw Adalyn eating something out of a container. She walked over and raised an eyebrow, “What is that?’.

                It was green, wet, and look kind of…good.

                She smiled, “Seaweed.”.

                Vanessa guess was spinaches but now that she looked at it better, it was seaweed.

                “Want some?”, she asked, holding it out towards her.

                Vanessa shook her head, “I’m good.”.

                “Well you should start eating it, it’s the main thing you’ll eat again that you’ll love. Chicken and meat not seeming so good as it was before?”, she asked.

                Vanessa nodded hesitantly. It was true, all the food she use to love, it lost her taste in it. She just keeping eating it cause it would fill her up, but it was satisfying.  She also tried to drink a can of soda, but the syrup was disgusting to her now and she would drown herself with water, but she has this weird feeling putting salt in it would make it even better, like salt could replace the syrup from the soda.

                She turned to go to her seat, but Adalyn moaned, “Hm, wait a second, Nessa.”, she said, opening her draw and held a sea shell necklace out to her. The necklace beautiful with blue and gold ones and it made her gap at how beautiful it was, “For you.”.

                She reached out and took it, “Thank you.”, she said.

                {}

                Vanessa tapped her thumb nail against the counter as she leaned down on it. Today at the boardwalk was a little slow, so it was kind of boring and she wasn’t so interest in Shayna’s and Cameron’s talk about night clubs.