Chapter Eight.

Finally an update on this story, I'm so proud of myself!

Anyways, it's a school night and way past 11 so I really should go to bed now.

10 votes, 6 comments?? :)

Good night/morning/evening/afternoon.

I love you all so much

Wade opened his car door for me. I said thank you as I got in it, then he closed it for me and made his way to the driver's side.

"So do you have a name?" he asked as he started his car.

"Leah. I'm guessing you're Wade?"

"Yeah. I'm guessing you could tell by my name-tag." I didn't say anything, so he said, "Why did you leave that guy with bread in his mouth?"

"It was the only thing I could see. He deserved it."

"What'd he do?"

"Called me an attention whore."

"A pretty girl like you deserves attention. Not his though, he seems like an asshole."

"You have no idea," I rolled my eyes. "Make a left here."

"Where do you live?"

"282 Evergreen Street."

"I live on the street that's connected to it," he told me. "Alexander Drive."

"You really didn't have to do this."

"I'm not a jerk though." I stayed silent again, because I didn't know what to say. "So you aren't actually pregnant, right? Because you did ask for the white wine."

"No, he's my ex and recently came back into my life and told everyone at my work that I'm pregnant when I'm not. Rather immature in my opinion."

"Where do you work?" Wade questioned.

"Star Sparkle Magazine. I write articles."

"Wait, are you Leah Simpson?"

"Yes. You've read my articles?"

"I love them! You really do have talent," he smiled at me.

I found it weird because my articles are mainly towards teenaged woman. He must be feminine.

"Thank you," I blushed a little. It felt like I had a fan, when really, I don't think anyone has ever acknowledged me on my writing before.

"You could write a novel. Seriously."

"Never tried. Do you think like a teen-fiction one maybe?"

"That'd be perfect," he smiled.

"Great, you can help me with it. It'll be like a team project. We're the team, if you didn't know..."

"Sounds good." Both of us were quiet for a bit, until Wade said, "I believe this is your house," as he stopped the car.

"Yeah, this is my stop. Thank you, it was really sweet of you to drive me home."

 "I thought it'd be better if I drove you instead of your ex."

"It is better. I could have walked though."

"Not in those heels," he looked down at my feet.

"Thanks again," I was just about to go out when he touched my hand.

"No problem. Hey, um...could I maybe get your number?" he asked nervously. He handed his phone out. I took it from his hand and put my number into it. "Thanks."