Vee Meets Truth

So this week we were performing the class play 'Romeo and Juliet'

So this week we were performing the class play 'Romeo and Juliet'. I hadn't bothered to audition but Riley, Lucas and Farkle did. Lucas was Romeo and Riley Juliet... and Farkle was the Spear Carrier... who didn't have a single line. I was in the audience as Lucas spoke his lines "Eyes, look you last. Arns, take your last embrace"

Riley was laying o the table as he continued "And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss" He slowly leaned down to kiss Riley. God, I wish Cory was here right now, his face would be hilarious. Just before he could kiss her Farkle shouted loudly "Back off!"

I rolled my eyes and sat back, watching this play become a disaster. Lucas tried to keep up his character "What meanest thou? Spear carrier. Who havest no lines" Farkle didn't seem to get the message and shouted "You tried to kiss my woman. This I cannot allow. Prepare to die!" Lucas continued to try and save the play by speaking to Farkle "Farkle, what are you doing? It's 'Romeo and Juliet'" Farkle stood proud "Well now it's 'Romeo and Juliet and Farkle' I play Farkle"

Lucas looked...Disappointed? Aw did the Cowboy want to kiss little Riley "Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said" Farkle turned to the audience "Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet"

I giggled to myself as Maya stood and cheered loudly "Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear carrier" Farkle smiled in our direction and said "Hark! You cometh uppeth here and gettteth kissed too" Everyone in the audience, including me, cheered loudly as Maya made her way up onto the stage.

The play had ended and I was at my locker getting my things for class when I heard applause. I looked down the hall to see Riley coming towards me.

She took her place next to me and for some reason, the applause continued

She took her place next to me and for some reason, the applause continued. I looked and noticed Maya coming in our direction. Only for the applause to continue. I let out a sigh and glanced down to see Lucas coming in our direction too. Then the applause stopped as Farkle entered the hall...everyone was silent. I let out a sigh and began to clap my hands, Riley immediately joining in while everyone else hesitantly clapped their hands.

Farkle smiled wide and shouted "Thank you. Thank you, Farkle nation!" I watched as Maya and Riley debated on how to handle the situation. I waited to see how it would turn out knowing, either way, Farkle was going to be upset "How could I crush one of the best actors working in middle school today?" Okay, so we're going with lying.