Chapter 10

***Landon's POV***

I felt bad walking out on Dylan. But I made up my mind. I wasn't going to get involved with him. Did I like him? Yes. But I wasn't going to go there. I know I told him we should take it slow and I wanted to kiss and stuff. But I changed my mind. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that doing anything like that was a bad idea. He would end up hurting me in the end. It was best to start this now before it really started. Then we could just be friends. No one would get hurt. I went to bed that night with the goal. Tomorrow, I was going to make it clear to Dylan that we would just friends and nothing more.

I woke up the next day and took a shower. I got dressed and went to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast before school. I look in the cabinets for something to make I guess Mom forgot to go shopping this week. I found a package of pop tarts so I just ate that. I got my backpack and left the house. I drove to school in silence just lost in my thoughts. When i got there I went to my locker to go get my books and Dylan was there waiting for me like always.

"Hey Landon" Dylan said as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"umm... Hey Dylan" I said trying to sound a little more manly than normal. I ducked out from his grasp. He was being too touchy.

"I miss you when you left" he said. Was he trying to be seductive? Why did he sounds so weird.

"uh...Okay bro"

He leaned in close to my ear "I can't stop thinking of you and that kiss" he whispered. Okay he was weirding me out.

"Sure. Whatever" I said as I walked away. He was making this difficult. I just wanted to be friends. I wanted to forget about what happened.

***Dylans POV***

Why was he acting like nothing happened between us. We fucking kissed! We made out and he was pretending it didn't happen and that it was nothing. Britney said maybe I should try flirting with him. Well THAT obviously was working so well for me. God! It was so easy to get a girl interested in me. I just batted my eyes and flirted and they flocked to me like I was gold. Why couldn't it be that way with Landon? Why did this have to be so hard. Especially because I normally didn't care what anyone thought of me but I love Landon. I wanted him to see me the same way. I guess I just have to step up my game. Maybe I should flirt with him more. I'm great at seducing people. I wonder if that would work? Well I had to try something because I had to have him. I wanted him to be mine.