9

Logan grinned as he watched the stunning bride greet various guests at the wedding. He was standing near the bar, staring at her from a distance. A small flower crown sat upon the bride's wavy brown tresses, and she wore hardly any makeup. The simplicity of her ensemble matched the laid back atmosphere of the vineyard wedding. Suddenly, he could feel a presence looming over him, "You know, that should have been you."

Logan looked up at the father of the bride: a large and wealthy businessman- much like his own father. He smiled politely, "I don't think that is what she wanted. Look how happy she is."

"She was happy with you. You should have fought harder." The father remarked as he grabbed a drink and walked away. 

I didn't want to fight for her. Logan told himself. He closed his eyes and remembered the day she said she was leaving.

***

Logan and Chelsea sat in the car after one of his post operation doctor's appointments. He could tell there was something on her mind, she always spoke excessively when she was trying to avoid talking about something serious. When he initially found out about his father's poor health, Chelsea spent the day spewing facts about dinosaurs. This time, she was reporting random facts about San Francisco.

"Also, did you know that in Chinatown-"

Logan cut her off, "Chels, what's wrong?"

He was driving so he couldn't see her, but he could hear her exhale deeply.

"I want to go to Indonesia."

"For a vacation?"

"No, I want to teach there."

Logan pulled to the side of the road. He was so thrown off guard, his surroundings seemed to swirl around him. "Chelsea, you are a publicist at a tech company. You have a great life here, what is giving you this idea?"

Chelsea stared into his eyes, "After taking care of you these past few months and seeing your family go through all of these troubles, I realized I want to do more than rack up users on a website. I want to travel and teach! I need to do something that matters!"

He nodded slowly, "Okay."

"Are you mad at me? I'm not necessarily saying we have to break up..."

Logan smiled earnestly, "I think it would be best if we did. This will be good for both of us. You need to start your new life, and I think I'm going to need to move back to New York anyway."

Chelsea nodded slowly, clearly hurt by Logan's complete inability to convince her to stay.

***

Back in Star's Hollow, Rory was helping Lane pack the van for Hep Alien's gig.

"No, no, no Steve. You need to play with passion!" Mrs. Kim pleaded with her 2 and a half year old grandson. Steve was mindlessly banging his hands on piano keys while Kwan was in the foyer of the house, chasing his father as he loaded the van.

Rory saw Zack struggling as he moved a drum kit while trying to keep his toddler safe. She came up behind Kwan and scooped him up. "Hey Kwan! Want to play rockstar with me?" the adorable little boy giggled and ran into the living room of the house. He picked up a toy guitar (one of the many toy instruments in the home) and danced around with it.

Mrs. Kim was as happy as she could be. She handed the Antique store off to Lane, leaving Lane and Zack as the owners of Kim's Antiques as well as Stars Hollow Music. These days, Mrs. Kim still lived in the Antique Store and spent most of her time taking care of her grandsons. For the first time, Mrs. Kim and Lane had a very harmonious existence.

Lane marched down the stairs excitedly and clapped her hands together, "How do I look?" she exclaimed as she motioned to her outfit.

"Badass!" Zack grinned as he looked at his wife.

"ZACK!" Mrs. Kim yelled from the other room.

"Oh. I mean, cool!" Zack was still getting used to filtering his language, now that the twins were talking.

Rory giggled at the sight of Mrs. Kim scolding a grown man, "You look amazing Lane! Are you ready?"

"Yup! On the way there, you need to tell me why your mom asked me 'to get all of the juicy gossip' from you" Lane replied as she raised her eyebrow.

Rory rolled her eyes, knowing her mom was trying to get more details about Logan through Lane.