High School Hit List by autheras

@autheras

Summary:

Payment is usually a part of a basic transaction. You give and then you take. But, at Arlington Preparatory, people take at their leisure. They take their entertainment in the form of humiliation. They get what they want at the expense of their pawns. But they never pay.

Chloe Whitaker has a hit list. But not exactly the murder kind.

After her best friend is ripped from Arlington, punished for her fascination with climbing the hierarchy, she knows she has to end them. One by one.

Revenge is sweet, and inflicting It is even sweeter. Only, what if someone she's determined to destroy, starts to win her heart?

About this Book:

As I get older, it takes a lot more to win me over concerning stories. It isn't only about how perfect the two main characters are together, or how witty the author is, but it's about plot and character development. It's about substance and complexity. I can't be satisfied with a story that has no meaning.

I always get so frustrated with Wattpad. You can find an inexperienced 12-year-old (calm yourself, that was a joke) around every corner, but it is so difficult to find a writer who 1) knows how to write, 2) creates original plotlines and characters, and 3) has a plan for the novel. And I frickin found one.

Now, into the review. I am so happy to have actually stumbled upon a good ass book. The development, the backstory, the suspense--it's all there. And it helps that the author actually knows how to write.

I'll admit, I was a bit off-put by the summary and intro, but those are so difficult to write. I recommend sticking it out 'til the end (not that you'll need much encouragement). I was on the edge of my seat the entire damn time, wondering what could have possibly happened to Monica. And damnit, the story is so well done. Just read it, guys. You won't be disappointed.

Category:

Teen Fiction

(is revenge a category? well it should be)