| Chapter Twenty-Four : I Want Her Back {Alex's POV} |

Alex's POV
~-❤-~

You should have never kissed Amber I should have been better, I am better than that. Wait...No obviously I'm not better than that. I don't even know why I did it...! But I did, and I lost the most perfect most beautiful girl ever. I blew my chance, I blew it.

"Hey man!" I heard a voice behind me call out. I clenched my jaw and turned around, nodding once.

"Ey man sup?" I replied.

"Nah sup with you man? Lately you've been... Not yourself." Tyler said.

"Yea, I know. Sorry bro, I'm alright now though." I said as I half smirked. I was lying right through my teeth and no one knew it.

No one was going to know it, either.

~-❤-~

The next day I showed up at school; only for a few minutes. Then I split. I couldn't have done anything cause my mind was stuck on repeat. On the words Joce told me, on the tears that streamed down her eyes and rolled off of her perfectly shaped chin. The hurt in her eyes and betrayal. And I was the cause of that.

I might be the school's player, even the bad guy of the whole story, but really I'm just a guy who's trying. Nobody's perfect, and I'm sure I'm beyond not perfect, but I've tried. I am trying. And I'll try my hardest to get Joce back. No matter the consequences... No matter what.

I drove wherever the road took me, taking a few turns here and there and curves. Soon I found myself where I wasn't supposed to be, but where I felt the safest and...where she could be. I walked through the woods, looking for the tree that had fallen over with the key. The leaves crunched under my feet as I walked to the broken tree. I hesitated but lifted the piece of bark that was covering the box with the key and grabbed it. I walked towards the little house and stepped on the little porch.

I shouldn't be doing this.

But I want to go inside so badly.

I miss the way her perfume smelt so good...how her hair smelled like apples.

I miss her.

I put the silver metal key into the slot and turned it. I heard a soft click as the door knob turned and the door opened softly. The sweet aroma of the perfume Jocelynn wore smacked me in the face. I walked in and shut the door, wishing Joce were in here. Wishing I could explain to her even though she didn't want to hear me. I plopped on the couch and turned on the tv, browsing through channels. I watched the news briefly before I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and stare at it. I stared at it for what seemed like ages. It felt like time had all but stopped and I was the only one still moving. The time ticked by slowly, slower than a turtle, slower than a snail. And it annoyed me. It annoyed the crap out of me. It annoyed me that I was sitting here doing nothing about the whole situation, it annoyed the crap out of me that time was moving by so slowly. But it also hurt me. Time used to go by as Joce and I would sit on the couch and talk about stupid things. The way her smile filled her whole face and her nose cutely scrunched up as she let out a small giggle. Her pearly white teeth shined like a newly waxed car, and the way she held my hand.

When Joce held my hand, her delicate fingers wrapping around my big clumsy ones, it felt right. It felt amazing. There were no sparks, but it felt amazing. There's never sparks; you don't get electrocuted from your feelings spitting out all over or from the friction or "magic". No, no, it was far far better. The feeling of holding someone's hand and knowing they like you is much better than stupid sparks. It's the most amazing thing in the world; there's no other feeling like it.

Suddenly I jumped up and started pacing as I ran a hand through my hair and stared at my phone. Soon I saw it light up as I started dialing a number, not just any number, no, but Trinity's number.

Trinity was the closest friend to Joce that I knew of, and she was going to help me.

Or was she?

"Hello?" Trinity spoke up.

I froze. I couldn't get Joce back, I knew that. I blew it. I screwed things up.

Screw me.

"H-hey." I finally said after what seemed like minutes of a pause.

"Oh it's you." Came the reply, more harsh than I thought it should be.

"Yeah it's me... Would you come to Joce's little place?" I asked, keeping my hand in my hair and gripping onto the strands of my hair.

"What are you doing there? If she finds out..." Trinity started.

I cut her off, "No. Please. Don't tell her, just come over. Please, Trinity."

A pause. A deathly long pause.

"Alright... Fine." Trinity finally spoke up.

I let go of my hair and did a little fist pump before I answered her, "Thank you."

"Yeah, yeah. You owe me and her though." She replied before she hung up.

I nodded and hung up before I spoke out loud to myself, "I know. Tell me something I don't know..."

After half an hour Trinity finally showed up and knocked at the door. I got up and walked over to the door and opened it, half smiling. She rolled her eyes and shoved past me as I closed the door and then turned around to face her.

"Well?" She asked, crossing her arms and tapping her foot.

"I need help." I said, frowning and slumping up against the door.

She rolled her eyes and stared at me, dead in the eyes, as her mouth moved, "Should have thought stuff through, Alex."

"Yeah, I know...it was a stupid jerky thing and I didn't mean to. I don't know why I... Forget it." I said, looking down and clenching my jaw as I crossed my arms and stared intently at the floor.

"No. No I won't "forget it" I want an explanation, Alex. Jocelynn wants one too." Trinity replied quickly.

"I know... I know..." I said almost softly.

"C'me on..." Trinity coaxed before we walked over to the couch. "Now tell me."

"Okay... Gosh where do I start?... So I saw Amber that day ya know and she looked half way decent, less makeup, an actual cool outfit... Her brunette hair back... I couldn't help it. I was losing popularity from being with Joce for so long and I wanted to get back, but instead of having fun, it was wrong. And I know that now. I don't really know why the he..ck.. I did it, but I did and I don't like it." I said, explaining things. Trinity sat back in the couch as her eyes slightly grew a bit bigger as she bit her lip. I clenched my jaw as I nodded and ran my hands through my hair again, gripping it and wanting to rip it out.

It'd be less pain than now.

"I wanna tell Joce...but she doesn't like me. She hates my guts. It was a stupid mistake and it'll never happen again as long as I live... I've changed, Trinity. How do I explain that to Joce now?! I screwed things up, she doesn't want me back. She hates me." I whispered the last part, wishing it wasn't true. Wishing I hadn't done that as my eyes slightly stung from the tears welting up in my eyes. I buried my head in my hands as Trinity sat up.

She chuckled to herself as she shook her head. I looked at her through slightly parted fingers as she shook her head and spoke up, "You really can't see it huh? The way she looks at you isn't the same way she looks at guys."

I frowned, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"She still likes you, Alex. She's always moping around wishing you'd do something... She's too upset to do something herself, but you... That's another story." Trinity said.

I looked down again, furrowing my eyebrows as I sat thinking.

You can still get her back! Hurry before it's too late...

"Serendipity." Trinity said, puzzling me.

I frowned and looked at her, "What?! English, woman."

She chuckled lightly before she spoke up again, "Finding something good without looking for it. It happened to both of you, she didn't like you, you didn't know she was alive until she challenged you... Serendipity. I think you should go after her...she's one in a million, Alex."

I nodded and got up quickly, rushing towards the door. I paused and looked back at Trinity, "Erm...could you ya know... Lock the house back up and stuff?"

"Yeah sure." She nodded, then waved her hands indicating for me to go, "Now go! Hurry up."

I nodded and ran out of the door, slamming it shut. My legs went as fast as I could as my heart raced. I can get Jocelynn back! She's mine... I'm not making the mistake of giving her up twice.

I ran to my car, my legs pumping as fast as I could go without tripping. I got to my car and opened the door and started it, pulling out of where I was parked and speeding off. Off towards school... Off to Joce.

I finally got to the school building, it was noon by now. Good, I thought to myself, I can catch her and talk to her alone.

I walked into the school and raced around, trying to find Joce. I finally found her walking towards the cafeteria and walked quickly up to her. She looked up at me and frowned.

"What do you want?" She asked, tearing up a bit.

"Shh no, no don't cry. I just want to talk. Please." I said, cupping her cheek and rubbing it softly. "Please."

"Fine." She said, jerking away from me. I grabbed her wrist gently and dragged her towards the door and went outside. Kids were trailing in and out from eating inside to going outside, or outside to inside since it was still decent to eat outside, just cold.

"Look...I'm sorry, okay? I-I didn't mean to... It was a stupid idiotic jerky mistake and it'll never happen ever again. You mean too much to me. I didn't think I'd kiss Amber, and I'm truly sorry. Instead of gaining popularity and keeping everyone... I lost the thing that meant the most to me. The most beautiful...perfect...thing..." I trailed off as I stared Joce in the eyes, cupping her cheek gently.

Her eyes teared up as she looked down and shook her head, "No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start all this... I ruined everything."

"No...No! Don't you see? You changed everything. You changed me. I love you, Jocelynn. I love you, not from the moment I saw you... In fact I thought you were pretty annoying," I said, forcing a ha lightly before I continued, "but you changed my point of view. You changed me. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it... I just got... Stuck."

She shook her head and looked down, a couple tears trailing her cheeks.

"I have a proposition for you." I finally said, looking down at her and lifting her chin gently to look at me.

"Y-Yeah..?" She whispered out, the tears still trailing her cheeks.

"I hear you're not a player... So let's play a game.

Let's sweet talk. Let's play fight, let's talk 24/7.

Let's tell each other good morning and good night every day, let's take walks together, let's give each other nicknames. Let's hang out with each others' friends, let's go on dates. Let's talk on the phone all night long, let's hold each other... And kiss and hug each other.

And whoever falls in love first?

Loses." I smirked to myself, remembering all the rules to it. Remembering I forgot some and didn't play right, but now I could.

I hope.

Joce looked up at me and shook her head, opening her mouth to say something, but the words seemed to be caught in her throat. She finally spoke up, her voice cracking slightly, "You're-you're never going to love me...S-so wha...what's the use? What's the point of playing a game you're going to lose? Again."

"No, no...!" I cried out, leaning down a bit and cupping her cheek and looking at her, "Don't you see? I already lost."

She stared at me almost blankly as the tears fell faster.

"Look, okay? Screw my popularity, screw school... Screw life. I wanna be with you and only you. I fell in love with you and I can't live without you... Jocelynn, I need you. So the real proposition is... Jocelynn, will you be my girlfriend?" I asked as I got on one knee.

She laughed as the tears kept falling. She nodded as she leaned forwards and put her sweet, plump, pink lips against mine and ran her fingers through my hair.

I grinned hugely as I stood up and picked her up, spinning around a bit as she pulled away.

"Damn, I've missed that." I said simply.

"Hey! Watch your mouth, mister." She said frowning.

"Yeah, I've missed this." I replied, grinning then kissing her cheek and setting her down.

A/N:

HEY HEY! Updateddd. c: So how'd you like? They're back together *throws confetti everywhere, has a cannon shoot more confetti, and sets off illegal fireworks* BOO YA ^___^ Soo think iz cute iz good? Yeah? Kay. Good.

Well, I'm thinking maybe up to 28 chapters? So still have 4 more. I don't think I can get anymore than that, it might just...be...really...bad...if...I...do...BUT! I might have a sequel! :D IN FACT what do you think of this turning into a trilogy? Hmm? Think I should? XD

Here's the sentence;
I think LPaG should ____.