Chapter 2: Scott

I pace back and forth in front of the window. I spot a girl climbing out of the carriage after an older woman that I recognize as the queen of Dilvania, one of the neighboring kingdoms. The girl has blond hair and a delicate figure.

        "Your Majesty," a voice says behind me.

        I slam the window shut and whip around. The maid jumps. "Oh, sorry, June! I didn't hear you come in. Just surprised me. Anyways, what is it?"

        "Queen Saffira and her daughter, Princess Isilee, are waiting for you in the meeting room."

        "Thank you."

        I hurry to the meeting room as fast as I can. I quickly run my fingers through my blond curls before I enter the room.

        Mother smiles at me and rises. "Scott! We have visitors."

        "I can see that." I flop down in a chair.

        Mother shoots me a murderous glare then turns to the guards. "Give us this room alone."

        They bow and Mother turns back to Queen Saffira. "This is Scott."

        Queen Saffira smiles. "I remember when you were just a baby."

        "Which brings us to the subject of why we are holding this meeting," cuts in Mother.

        "When you and Isilee were born our kingdoms were at war with eachother. We decided that as a sort of peace treaty the two of you were to be married when you were of marrying age."

        "WHAT?!" I explode. "I am not marrying a stranger! Besides, I'm only twenty-one!"

        "Twenty-one is too old to not be married. Especially since you are to be king. Isilee is not a stranger either."

        "Yes, she is. I just met her, literally, a minute ago."

        "You two will have five entire weeks to get to know eachother."

        "FIVE WEEKS?! You expect me to fall in love with somebody in five weeks? No, I can't do it; I won't do it!"

         I leap up and stomp out of the room.