The Escape

(maddys POV)

I woke up with an agonizing pain to my head. it was as if someone had hit me with a baseball bat. I slowly opened my eyes to look at the world around me. everything was in colour, but everything was blurred. when did I transform? how did I get here? I wondered to myself. I lifted up my hands to my face and rubbed my eyes. my hands seemed to be wet. I looked down and i was sat in what seemed like a river. I stood up quickly with my heart pounding fast against my chest. I spun around and there, lying on the ground in front of me was Rhydian. I studied him for a while, wondering if this was just another daydream. it had to be. there was no other possible explanation. the pain inside me seemed so real. nothing like in my daydreams. I crouched down beside him and gently stroked the back of my index finger along the soft skin on his cheek when he started to awaken. I let a soft gasp slip from my lips before standing back up and taking a few steps back. he slowly opened his eyes and looked up at me. I couldn't help the small smile that began to appear at the corners of my lips.

"hey stranger" I said in a sarcastic tone of voice. he had no reaction to what I said he just lay there, looking like he had just seen a ghost.

"Maddy!" he shouted. 'behind you!". I spun around to see doctor whitewood stood at the top of the cliff side with a tranquilizer gun in her hand. I turned my eyes into a golden yellow corner as if warning her to back away.

"no way out this time" she evilly laughed. suddenly I felt a tug at my sleeve. it was rhydian getting me to run. he grabbed hold of my hand and held onto it tightly as he began to run through the river. I followed him afraid of what would happen if I didn't. I could feel the water splashing up into my face, almost blinding me. it had this power to it that almost screamed out 'no escaping this time.' "come on!" shouted rhydian. I picked up my pace and began to run directly beside him. Rhydian kept on looking all around us, weary of who or what might be lurking in the water when suddenly he came to a halt. "I think we lost them" he said as he rested his hands on his knees, panting and desperate for breath.

"oh, charming. great way to say hello to your girlfriend." I looked at him with a wide smile spread across my face. he emitted a soft chuckle looking at my before grabbing my hand and pulling my body against his. I almost instantly rested my hands on his chest while he began to softly stroke my cheek with the back of his fingers. I looked deeply into his bright blue eyes and he gazed into my eyes. right there, that time and place. it was perfect. and this time it was real. I felt rhydians soft, tender lips pressed against mine. I had this tingling feeling all over my body. it was happiness mixed with this incredible energy I had never felt before. not even on our first kiss. our lips departed from each other but out faces were still close together as he softly rested his forehead against mine.

"better?" he asked in a soft tone of voice. it was the same perfect voice I remembered. a voice that was soft and fragile, yet you knew he was a bad boy by that one simple tone.

"better." I replied to him, letting soft breaths out through my nose, afraid to scare him away. that moment seemed to last forever when he suddenly pulled away and held onto my hand again. oh well. it was good while it lasted. I thought to myself.

"so then. let's get back to the pack. we can have a bit of 'catch up chit chat' over some river water and roar meat" he laughed. I just shook my head trying so hard not to laugh.

"your so predictable. the same old rhydian I remember. now, don't get me wrong that's a good thing. its just, you need to learn to have a bit more adventure.' rhydian looked at me with an expression on his face of pure confusion that made him look so adorable. I let go of his hands and patted my hands on his chest to push myself off. "race ya!" I shouted as I set off through the forest. these are the things I missed most about rhydian when he wasn't here. there was always a monument you could just run through the forest and finally be free. just racing through the trees and up on the moors. it was by far me most favorite thing to do. I could hear his soft chuckle behind me. I could tell he enjoyed this as much as I do. but I was by far faster that him. I came to a halt and looked around me. this wasn't the campsite I remembered. it looked deserted. there was no one there and it had been trashed. "oh no"