Chapter 22

*** Naomi's POV ***

My son taught me the importance of life. I had to watch fighting to survive each single day. One day, he's feeling well and the other one, he's suffering. I wished I could take the pain away from him. Last time, in Sasha's birthday party that turned out into a wedding proposal between her and Jeffrey, I realized something extremely important. No one who is healthy should be leaving unhappily. For my son, I had to fix the relationship between Gabriela and Cashmere. I've seen how they looked at each other. I've seen the sadness in their eyes. It hurt because I screwed up their relationship. I put their love in question. For my son, I had to fix it. I would never be happy with myself or with Lucky if I crossed my arms, watching these two suffering quietly.

I begged Lucky to help me find the address of Gabriela's place without asking Cash. I didn't want him to know just if things don't go well with her. Lucky couldn't succeed. I had to ask to Sasha then. No other choice. I called her number.

-" What is-it you want from me, Naomi?" That was her way of saying hello. I took a deep breath.

-" Hey, Sasha. I feel guilty that your bro is now single. I was thinking of going to visit Gaby and beg her to take him back. Can you please give me her address?" I asked. I was hoping that she would just let out the address and keep her nasty comments for herself. Well, that was too much to ask from Sasha.

-" You want her address so you can go mess up everything some more? Plan failed. Not going to happen." She said. Ugh. Calm down, Naomi. Take it easy.

-" Sasha, all I'm asking is for the address. I'm not going to do anything other than talking to her about getting back with him." I was trying to stay nice to my son's aunt.

-" You do not know what guilt is, Naomi. You never showed that you regret anything. I know what you're about. I'm not going to give you that address. Period. Good bye." She was about to hang up.

-" Do you know what guilt is, Sasha? Do you regret sleeping with Jizzy on Jeffrey? If you did, you wouldn't take that expensive ring from. I know you haven't tell him. If you did, he would've never propose to you." I said.

-" That's none of your business." She said.

-" My life, my mistakes are no business of yours either. Give me that damn address before I do something that you might feel sorry about. Don't push me." I really was tired of hiding shit for her.

-" I'm not scared of you. I'll give you the address and you need to lost my number after that." I sucked my teeth. I wrote down the address and hang up without saying thank you. My sister came to visit, so I let Andrew with her and drove to Gabriela's place. I knocked at the door and she opened it after a good two minutes. She had a big leather jacket and a white short.

-" What are-you doing here?" I was ready to hear scream, mad and everything, at me. But, she was calm. Way too calm for a woman who found me with her man.

-" We need to talk." I said. She put her hands on her hips. Not like a way of giving me attitude. She looked in pain. Actually, she looked pale.

-"  It's a bad time. I'm busy." She said.

-" I know you don't want to see me but I need you to forgive me so I can breath again. I feel so guilty. Please, go back in Cash's house. I'm not living there anymore. He needs you...." It looked like she wasn't listening. Her eyes were almost closed. I asked: " Are-you okay Gaby?" She couldn't answer me because she was about to fall on her face. Thank God I had time to catch her before she did.

-" I'm feeling dizzy." She said.

-" What's wrong with her?" I turned around and saw a tall, very handsome guy walking toward us.