Chapter 7 ( Part 1 )

*** Gaby's POV ***

-" I want to thank all of you for doing the project. I can see the effort and progress in your works. I can say that everyone give me more than I expected. As you know, one of the groups here is going to represent the class and me in the big projects symposium that the school is throwing out every single year. The prices are $500 to the winner, certificates will be presented to whoever who was involved in the accomplishment of that project, including the instructor, of course; at last your work will be published in one of the most respected journals. The group that I choose is..." All I wanted was to run out of the class. My legs were shaken. I knew that part was going to come where he was going to say who he was going to send. I didn't want it to be me. It was true that the experiment that Cash and I came up with was just extraordinarily amazing. The only problem is that I hated to speak in front of people. That class who had only twenty people present was already too much, that symposium thing was going to be full of students from different classes and teachers, and guests coming out for support. I didn't want to be a part of it. I refused to participate. Done deal. Please, don't say my name.

-" Mr. Alexander and Ms. Soto." Dr. Lee said.

-" No!!!" I yelled out, everyone stopped clapping to stare at me.

-" No? What do you mean by 'no' Ms. Soto?" Dr. Lee asked.

-" Hum... Well...I'm not good at speaking in public. I can't do it. You can pick another group." I confessed. Actually, they could see how I was sweating during my whole presentation.

-" Wow! Don't be such a chicken." Cash said, and it was like the funniest joke of the year because all my classmates busted out with laughter. I pray that he could go back to being the less annoying dude, because I wasn't ready to be hating on him again. Especially after what happened yesterday. I could still feels those butterflies every time that it walked into my mind. This guy could be awarded as the best kisser. I haven't been kissed like that for awhile until he took me into his arms, looked straight into my eyes, and caressed my lips with his.

-" Are-you going to stay here?" Cash's voice brought me back to the planet earth. I looked around and it was only the two of us left in the class. It's like I've been lost in my thoughts for years. I stared at him, and lips started to be forming a smile; it suddenly hit me the fact that he called me a scary cat, well he actually said chicken; I was pissed either way.

-" Don't you ever talk to me again." I said, getting up from the chair, all ready to get myself some space from him.

-" Here we go again. I was playing." Cash pleaded. I stopped to walk so I could turn around and face him

-" It so was hilarious that I laughed so hard till my jaws hurt. Thanks for embarrassing me." I turned my back to him again and I continued my way to go to my calculus I class. I was already late; but I'll rather be late than not showing up at all. Suddenly, Cash grabbed my arm, and gently pushed me against the wall before I could open the classroom's door. He pressed his body against mine. I could feel the heat coming from his body. My hands were getting really cold, and it was kind of embarrassing because he was in possession of them. My heart was racing and my breathing was uneven. Was-he going to kiss me just like he did last night? My body and soul was telling me that I needed to push him off me, but I couldn't make a move nor say a single word. I just couldn't stop staring at his hazel eyes. His face got from close to even closer to mine. My legs were getting weak.

-" I'm sorry." He whispered on ears, kissed my left cheek and walked away. I was left standing there alone and more confused than before. What was-he trying to do to me? Make me fall for him? Whatever it was, I wasn't going to allow it to happen. I didn't want, neither had time for any of that. All this sort of things that used to make me feel good died with baby.