4

I was really stressed out. The Hunger Games. The one thing I've watching for years and now I stand in the arena. The games have just started. That's when an arrow pierced my heart.

I woke up from the horrid nightmare, sweating bullets. I put on a loose black blouse with ripped jeans and a leather jacket. I hopped into high heel boots and headed to the dining hall.

The dining hall was a long room. In the middle was a table that was separated into twelve parts, each section with a different coloured table cloth. I was late, for the hall was already full. I strode to the last table on the other side of the hall, with a black tablecloth. As I walked past them the oother tributes shot me hateful glares.

I slide into my seat, next to William and in front of Jackronned, the mentor and beside Jackronned was Ella. A mentor was a past victor who would train and give advice to the later tributes. Jackronned was a young man, in his twenties, who always smoked. I don't know why...

I wanted to escape the other falling tributes as quick as I could. So I chomped down my dinner and scooted out of the hall. I locked the door of my room and immediately got to work.

I grabbed a scrap paper and pen and begun plotting ways to win the games. I took down notes:

• Align with William. He is from your district and he will most probably say yes

• Run AWAY from the Cornucopia

• Stay somewhere you KNOW that you can get water, food and cures

• Come back to the Cornucopia LATER to grab any leftovers

• Never miss a feast, but wait a while so there will be no Careers.

• Find shelter immediately

• Charm people into sponsoring you

• Never miss a chance to kill a weak tribute

• Raid the Careers equipment when they're not around, especially their food. They are not used to hunger unlike us at the Seam, who usually die of hunger

I kept it safely next to the charm bracelet that Jishy gave me. We are allowed to bring one nice thong from home to the games, so I brought the bracelet. My plan is to stuff the paper into my pocket for the games and bring it into the arena, checking my notes every now and then.

Tomorrow we start in the training centre, a large hall where we train and a balcony where the Gamekeepers sit to observe our every move. After that we will all have a test and be rated from 1-12.

I curled into bed that night, not bothering to change except take off my jacket. I do all straight to sleep. It's easier with no worries in my head. The piece of paper with notes made me feel more calm.

The next morning I put on the training uniform: a grey and black full body suit with black boots and white jacket. It was specially designed by President Rod's wife, Lucinda.

I followed William to the training centre. A woman called Atala told us about what to do and going from station to station.

I looked around for people to align with. First I looked at District 1. Cameron and Eva. Careers. No, not and never. Careers are most likely to turn against me. District 2, Simon and Indigo. Careers. Nope. District 3, Charles. He's my age but has like three allies. Violet. Why would an eighteen year old want to be my ally? District 4, Xander. Twelve, useless. Diana. Aligned with Charles. Both District 5, Alex and Anna, are aligned with Charles. District 6, George and Helen, twelve. District 7, Sam. With the Careers. Poppy, fourteen, maybe wait for the arena, like William. The rest were either seventeen, sixteen or twelve. Until District 10. Keith. Too old. But Arabella. She was thirteen. Perfect!

I walked over to Arabella who was over at the knot tying station. "If you want to be my ally." She said before I could say anything. "Then my answer would be a definite yes."