Day Three (still...)

Chapter 4

I wrinkled my nose. What the hell is this? I stared down at the different colored foods and I sniffed it slowly. Hmm. It smelled good. I took a small bite. Ahhh. I tasted good. I started scarfing down the food and stopped when I heard a small laugh. I glanced up.

"Oh continue. I'm just laughing about how wary you are. Have you never tried Russian food before?" He smiled, brushing a strand of dark brown hair out of his face.

"No... I'm American. I've only had, like, burgers and pizza."

He laughed. "You really are a strange one."

"And you act like it's bad to be strange." I wispered.

"Never said that."

"But your implying it." I countered.

"Oh, really now?"

"Yup." I swallowed another bite and burped softly. "'Scuse me."

"Ahh so our princess has awoken." A soft, deep voice said as a man, with long blond hair, walked into the dining room.

"Who're you calling a princess?" I said coldly.

"I'm just refering-" he froze. "Ah. Nevermind, it doesnt matter." Thats what I thought I mumbled in my head.

"I would like to formally introduce myself. My name is Val Donsare. Nice to meet you. I am Richards care-taker."

I smiled. "Nice ta meetcha." I said quickly and drank the strange yellow liquid. I coughed. "Is this beer?" I asked making gagging noises.

"Uh no actually, it has no alcohol, it's called Kvass. Another Russian treat." Val said smiling.

"Can I get some beer than?" I grinned.

"Sure, I'll have the butler go buy some right away." he snapped his fingers and rattled off stuff to the butler. I smiled. Yay.

"You drink?" Pres asked, confused.

"Only sometimes. It tastes gross but it soothes pain." I winked.

"Your in pain? I'm sorry I'll get someone on that right away." He started to walk away.

"I'm not talking about physical pain, idiot, I'm talking about mental pain. The memories that cause you hurt, on the inside." I shoved the fork in my mouth one more time.

"then again, that pain always loves to linger, hurt you, then disappear, hiding in the depths of your mind till one day someone says something that makes it pop into your head again, causing you torment over and over and over." I ruffled my hair.

"Kara-" He started.

"We got you some beer Miss James." Val called.

I walked pass pres and patted him on the back and gave him that, don't worry about me look.

"Come on, lets drink." I grinned again and clapped as I saw Val had the good beer. "Yeeeeees! YOU ARE AWESOME." I pointed at Val. "You rock, man!" I started laughing and a couple bottles later everyone seemed to be.

I didn't remember what happened after that, I think I was too drunk. But when my mind wanted me to know what was going on I saw Pres, Val, and some maids passed out on the floor. I grinned one last time. Today was fun. 

Darkness filled my mind. Shadows flooded my thoughts. I sat back and watched as my mind played a little game. I fell asleep to a rainbow, a tall building, and a man in a dark suit standing in front of me...