Chapter 2

"What?!" I yelled.

    Tails immediately changed the subject. "So are you going to the party?" he asked.

    "No."

    "Why not?" Tails said.

    "I want you to tell her that I woke up this morning with the flu. I........ don't want to give her....... her present right now." I lied. Then added," It won't be a lie, I'm actually not feeling well today." I told him.

    "Oh, I see where you're going! You just don't want me to put it on YouTube. Is that it?" He smirked.

    "No! I...... just don't want anybody to be around when I give it to her. Now, what do we do about the Slenderman problem?" I snapped, blushing.

    "I don't exactly know, Sonic." he replied.

    "Ah, crap. To Hell with it!" I shouted. I turned away.

    The doorbell rang and I heard a familiar high-pitched voice outside.

    "Sonic! Time for my party!" she said through the door.

    "Oh, God. Keep her busy Tails, I'll go upstairs and pretend I'm sick. Remember the plan." I said over my shoulder.

    "Okay Sonic!" he dashed to the door and opened it as soon as he saw my tail go out of sight.

    I hurried up to my bedroom and plopped down on the bed, quickly covered myself with the covers, and swiveled my ears toward the door. I heard Tails and Amy's voices drifting up the stairs.

    "Hey, Amy! What you looking for?" Tails asked.

    "Sonic." Amy answered quickly.

    "He's in bed sick. He didn't feel good when he got up this morning so he went back to bed. I think he has a stomach bug." Tails explained.

    "Oh, my poor Sonic!" Amy yelled. I heard her push past Tails and run up the stairs.

    Oh, boy. I thought.

    "Sonic?" I heard Amy say softly.

    I grunted as I turned over to look at her. "Yeah, Amy?" I rasped. I pretended that my throat was sore, you know, when you throw up a lot. She walked silently over to the side of my bed.

    "You poor thing." She said, stroking my head. I had to admit it, she had some really soft hands when it came to me being sick. She sat on my bed, still stroking me.

    My eyes began to close. Maybe I could get used to her. If she wasn't so hyperactive when I came around a corner. What am I feeling? Is it..... Could it be........ Love? I breathed deeply. I sighed.

    "Amy, I'm sorry I can't attend your party." I apologized.

    "It's alright," Amy said.

    "If I had your present here, I would give it to you now, but unfortunately, I left it at Silver's house." I explained.

    "Oh." she sounded disappointed.

    "It's okay. I'll give it to you......" I started in a fit of fake coughing. "tomorrow."

    She sat there, petting my head lovingly. Finally she got up and left the room. I smiled. Maybe I was falling in love with her. No, I thought. I'm not falling in love with her.

    I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

==================================================

    I ran through the woods. For some reason the song continued where it left off.

Slenderman, Slenderman,

Sometimes hums a lowly drone

Slenderman, Slenderman,

He will wander 'round your home

Slenderman, Slenderman,

Blends in well within the trees

Slenderman, Slenderman,

In the fog he's hard to see

    I ran and ran, trying to get away from the Slenderman. I knew he was behind me, chasing me till I ran out of stamina. With me being Sonic, you'd think I'd be able to outrun him. I tried, but he matched my speed, always staying at least four or five feet behind me.

Slenderman, Slenderman,

Dressed in darkest suit and tie

No! I thought.

Slenderman, Slenderman,

You most certainly will DIE.

==================================================

    "Ahhh!" I sat bolt upright. Sweat trickled down my forehead and neck. I was panting. My mind whirled with different thoughts.

    What if the Slenderman is after me? I thought. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. No! It was just a dream, Sonic Hedgehog! I told myself. For some reason, I heard my sister, Sonia, saying it. When we went on the quest, she would always get on to me because of how impatient I was. I'm still impatient with stuff, though.

    I laughed. Amy is kind of like Sonia. She tells me to stop being impatient. Do I listen? No.

    I went downstairs to find something to eat. I saw that Tails had left some stuff from this morning in the fridge. Grabbing some bacon, I headed to the living room. As I sat down on the couch, I heard something upstairs.

    I narrowed my eyes. I stood up, and walked to the bottom of the stairs. A shadow passed by the stairs. Slowly, I walked up the stairs to my room. The window was open. Hearing a noise over to my left, I saw a figure, just standing there. It was looking at me with wide eyes.

    "Shadow?! What the hell are you doing in my house?!" I shouted at him.

    "Sorry, Sonic. I was looking for....... something." he told me.

    "Could it possibly be this?" I asked him, holding up a blue Chaos Emerald.

    "Aww, damn it." he cursed. "Where'd you get that?"

    "I keep my Chaos Emerald close to me. That way it doesn't end up in my enemy's hands." I said, eyeing him suspiciously.

    "Man," he sighed.

    "Why'd you want it, Shadow?" I commanded.

    "Because.......... if I didn't...... it's too hard to explain." Shadow tried to explain.

    "Tell me." I glared at him.

    He met my gaze and flinched. He knew not to get me mad. "Um, if I didn't, uh, Eggman would kill me." Shadow said.

    "That's not a very good explanation." I growled. "Shadow, don't make me do Chaos Control."

    I crouched, ready.

    "Okay,okay! I needed your Chaos Emerald to.... to help you. I needed it because I heard about your Slenderman dream." Shadow told me.

    "Okay." I said, straightening up. "Get out of house. I'll explain everything tomorrow."

    "But-" Shadow protested.

    "Go!"

    He slunk over to the window and exited where he entered.