Epilogue

THREE MONTHS LATER

"You're really doing this?" Nathan asked, his voice heavy with emotion. Kitty stood, her eyes meeting Nathan's. Purple bags stained the thin skin underneath his eyes, he looked thinner than he ever had before, and his mouth was set into a grim line. Nodding firmly, Kitty knew that what she had proposed was the best for her, and for him.

"I don't have a choice, Nathan."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair before slumping on the chair. Using his index fingers, he dragged the white sheet towards him and stared at it. He picked a pen from a holder and hovered over the paper.

"But this is your home," there was a small whine to his voice. It didn't suit him – at least not while he was an alpha. He may have only been alpha for three months but it had been something Nathan had been training for since he was young. Kitty wasn't going to allow everything he'd been working towards to be ruined. Not if she could help it.

"This hasn't felt like home, not for a while," Kitty pushed some hair behind her ear, "and you know as well as I do that the longer I stay here the more problems I'm going to cause."

"Kits–,"

"Nathan, just sign it. Gabriel's agreed that I can transfer to his pack."

"But–,"

"It'll look good. Two packs uniting. It'll show an alliance," she crossed her arms. There was no anger in her voice. She understood why he was hesitating to sign the contract. Why he was still trying to persuade her to stay. But she couldn't.

Not if Nathan wanted to stay alpha.

"And you've heard the whispers going round," she pointed out. Nathan responded with an unhappy huff, "I can't stay here."

There were murmurs going round. At first, it was only one or two but it soon spread like wildfire. Many thought that because it was Kitty who had eradicated the last alpha, she should be the rightful alpha – even if they didn't like her for the position. Kitty didn't even want to step into any power; she'd been avoiding the Triad for as long as possible. This was just another way to evade them. They'd both argued over her choice, but at the end of the day it was her choice. And this is what she was picking. It wasn't a light decision, not in the slightest.

Angry scratching filled the room quickly and then there were papers flitting in front of her.

"Done, just like you wanted," resentment filled his voice. Did Kitty blame him? No. Not in the slightest.

"It's not like I'm moving to the opposite side of the world. I'm only, what an hour away at most?" She walked round the desk and hugged Nathan. "And I'm still here for the next week. Can't get rid of me that easily."

"Do you really have to go? Mum's left. You can't just leave me on my own."

"You have Leila. She's been trained for this, and I've helped her. You know I can't stay. Mum will be back too. She just needed some time."

It had been a couple of weeks after the funeral that they'd received a letter. As soon as they opened the envelope, their mother's scent had filled their noses. She hadn't signed the letter – maybe she was too paranoid about someone finding out it was her. The humiliation and shame from their father's actions had forced her to leave. In the letter, she'd sworn she had no clue about what their father had done. She'd sworn. And she'd also promised to return... at some point.

Nathan sighed, "You're right, I guess. And Eden's going with you?"

She nodded. Eden had tried, she really had. But there were still some issues, and Eden's anger still got the better of her occasionally. So she was going to be transferring packs too – but unlike Kitty's, hers was temporary. A trial. Just to see if she preferred the distance. If it helped her at all. Hopefully it would.

"What are you going to do about Gabriel?" Nathan stood up, motioning towards the door.

"Nothing," she gave Nathan a small smile, "We're just going to be friends for now. And just see how things go, I guess."

She couldn't bring herself to become Gabriel's mate – not right then. Being his mate meant becoming a luna – and Kitty wouldn't have been able to handle it. Three months on, and she was still having vivid nightmares. Not to mention that she was being pressured by the Triad to take her 'rightful place' (as they called it). It was too much stress to get into a relationship – and Gabriel needed to get his pack in order too.

But it was a fresh start – and she had friends. People who liked her – people who didn't judge her on her past. Even if her life had taken a steep tumble, it was slowly improving. Slowly, but surely.

And she'd never been so excited for something in her life.

------------------------------------------------

And that's it! Kitty's story is DONE, for now ;)

At some point there WILL be a spin-off, about Micah! However, I need to plan it first and I'm going to focus on my other novel, Six Feet Above (which features demons, angels and a dead girl - if anyone is interested!). But thank you ALL for the comments and the votes and the reads <3 it means SO much, even if I don't reply I read every single one of them and they all mean so much to me! So thank you ALL - I couldn't do it without you!

Any questions, please drop a comment and ask :-)

(Also, SK will be undergoing a re-write because I know there are several errors and some things don't add up).