Six | Superheroes

"She's got lions in her heart, a fire in her soul."  

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   

Running down to the front doors, Kitty held onto the little gift bag for dear life. She'd overstuffed it, trying to hide the wrapped frame. She just hoped she hadn't missed them. She would be royally screwed if she had. Once the gift bag was in Micah's trusted hands, it would be out of house. If they'd left... she was going to have to find a really good hiding spot to keep the frame invisible from her father's eyes. Once he noticed one of his trophies had gone missing... there was no telling where his rage would end. Suddenly, her brain was telling her that she was being irrational; her father would find out she took it, and while she was his daughter... he wouldn't be lenient. Family or not, nobody stole from Samuel Flowers without facing the consequences.

Skidding round the corner, she yelped a little as her hip whacked against the corner of a dresser. Thankfully, they hadn't left. Unfortunately, she was now being stared at with faces wondering why she was on the verge of tears after running into a sharp corner. Biting her lips, she blinked and forced the salty tears back into her body where they belonged.

"I'm so sorry!" She squeaked, her dad glaring at her. "I accidentally fell asleep..." Was she going to mention that she hadn't helped Nathan and instead ran back to her laptop to watch the last few episodes of Dusk Till Dawn on Netflix? No. She'd fallen asleep as Sex Machine started fighting his way through the temple. When she woke up, her laptop screen was black and she'd sure the power had run out. And then she'd heard her phone vibrating by her stomach.

"At least you're here now!" Nathan piped up, and through her eyes she sent him a mental thank you. Nathan may have been a little frosty, but he knew the wrath of their father and Kitty was thankful that her brother was protecting her. Even if she knew he might use it against her later.Oh, the joy of siblings.

"Yes." She said, slightly out of breath. She'd had to run from her room, which was practically on the other side of the house. She thanked Selene for allowing her to be able to run faster than the average human. Sometimes, it was a pain but in this situation she'd needed it. "Alpha FitzPatrick, Cillian, thank you for coming. It was lovely to meet you both, and I hope you'll be at the party." They nodded. Kitty turned her attention to Gabriel and Micah. "G-Alpha Redford, thank you for coming. I'm sorry it was such short notice but we," she emphasised, trying not to let her feelings show through and to keep her on her father's good side, "appreciate it. Micah, thank you for your company today, I've really appreciated it!"

She ignored her mind telling her to keep the gift bag, to not hug him. But unfortunately, if she wanted her plan to work (and she would have felt like a coward for backing out almost going all the way), she'd have to involve some physical contact. Even if it ran the risk of offending an alpha. However, angering Alpha FitzPatrick probably would be the least of her worries; from what she had heard, he was a softie in the world of alphas (but unlike some, she didn't regard this as a bad thing).

Taking a couple of steps, and getting on tiptoes, she threw her arms around his neck. She needed to be able to whisper to him, while her father was talking business with Alpha FitzPatrick. Probably arranging for Cillian to visit for that special week in September.

"Take the gift bag, and don't open it until you get home." She felt Micah nod, his stubble scratching against her cheek. She broke apart from the hug and her cheeks flared with heat when she glanced to Gabriel. He did not look impressed and she swore she saw a flash of jealousy. She didn't read into it though. Her mind had a habit of overthinking certain things, and how people interpreted her was one of them. "Um, I thought I'd bring you some movies. They're all horrors, so I hope you enjoy them!" Mentally, Kitty cringed. She just sounded so fake. But it was the best she could come up with for now.