chapter 3

I ran so fast my legs could carry me. Never in my life I had been running so fast. My heart was beating so fast that it felt that it would pop out any moment. The horrific scenes from Zerdic, Selena and Adrian was stuck on my eyes.

The blood.

The teeth.

The eyes.

The icy eyes that had watched me. Lips that are easily moved. He had said my name. His lips had formed the name in beautiful movements. The shoes clattered against the floor as I ran. The adrenaline was pumping and the air blew in my face.

I met the door which led out to the studenthomes.

The cold breze hit my face when I opened the doors.

The frost covered the outer part of the door and glittered in the light of the stars. My hand slipped down from the handle. The door stood open when I stepped out in the cold night. The shadows concluded around me like a black blanket.

I half jogged through the crunching grass.

Why me? Why was it me who was forced to go in this school?

I fell to the knees in the icy grass. I put my hands to my face and felt the tears warm my hands. I cried for how stupid I was, for the girl who had just been killed by vam .... by monsters.

What should I do? Adrian had seen me. He had said my name. Zedric knew who I was. Selena had already threatened me once. They could kill me at any time. In my sleep, at school, on the day, at night, they could kill me now.

I let the hands fall from my face.

But I wasn't dead. They could have killed me now but... he didn't. Adrian probably looked to be the leader but he hadn't made a sign to come after me. But he didn't.

Why?

------------------------------------------------------------------

I slammed the door. Backed into the room which was in the shadows. I let my hand glide against the wall.

I sank down on the bed's edge. I took off my socks and pants. I raised my arms and took off my shirt. The hair fell down on my naked skin and tickled me. I still weared the underweare

I lifted the blanket and put me under the cold blanket.

I closed my heavy eyes.

A branch cracked outside the window. I squeezed my eyes even more. pretended that I was sleeping and turned around in my. I knew that my face was against the window.

I heard the window creak lightly. He went inside. He had followed me to my room.

I didn't hear him go to bed until I felt his cold fingers on my cheek. I struggled not to flinch when they stroked my hair.

Strangely, it felt okay.

His hand grabbed my arm and turned me onto my back. I continued to pretend to sleep. What was he planning to do?

I felt the mattress sink down beside me. His cold presence made me tremble when he put his arm around me. His forehead met my neck and I felt really calm.

Here I was, pretending to sleep while an extremely handsome guy was in my arms. His cold breath cooled my throat. I was trembling slightly when his lips touched my skin. They kissed my skin and went up to my jawline. I can not believe I could be so calm so far. I concentrated careful to resist the urge to open my eyes.

He kissed both my cheeks while his body moved closer to me.

My whole body tightened when his cold lips touched mine.