Chapter 11

STEPHANIES POV

I roll over in my bed dreading getting up. I take a deep breath and open my eyes only to see that I am not in my room. What the, where am I?

"Oh good you are up." His voice, weird how I have come so familiar with that voice. I look over to see him walking through the door. Memories of last night suddenly come rushing through my head and I start shaking. Everything my sister said, walking to the park, talking to Andrew, those men. Oh my god.

I start shaking more and that's when I know it's going to happen again. No, no, no, please don't. I try to calm down but I can't, I close my eyes but it doesn't help. The next thing I know is that I feel him arms around me and I calm down a little. I open my eyes to see Carter and I am now sitting on top of him griping his shirt. This feels so familiar, I feel safe, warm. Why? I sit there for a moment then I get off his lap, this is weird.

He stands up quickly after me and scratches the back of his neck. So he feels the awkwardness too, good.

"Uh, do you um want some breakfast?" He says looking everywhere but me.

I look at him for a second, kind of enjoying him looking and acting so nervous. I have so many questions going through my head about last night and what happen, but I choose to not ask right now. I guess he sensed what I was thinking.

"I can answer whatever you want at breakfast." He said when I was about to open my mouth to ask him questions.

This time he looks right at me and I couldn't help but notice how breath taking his eyes are. I don't want to look away but I have to. I just nod because I have a feeling I would say something weird and make it more awkward for the both of us.

He leads us downstairs into the kitchen and I see someone making what looks like breakfast. I guess she heard us come in because she stops and turns around. She looks just like Carter, his mom I'm guessing.

She walks over to me.

"Hi, I'm Carters mom Charlotte. It's nice to meet you." She smiles brightly.

"Hi, I'm Stephanie. Thank you for uh letting me staying here. I don't really remember last night much." I say feeling embarrassed. 

"Oh no problem sweetie." She smiles again then give a look to Carter. Hmm I wonder what that was.

"Breakfast is almost ready. I hope you are hungry." She smiles a big smile and I can help but smile too. She seems so happy and nothing like how Carter is. I nod and she goes back to making the food. We both take a seat at the table and she brings over a big plate of pancakes.  We eat in silence for a minute and then his mom comes back.

"Well I have to go run some errands. It was lovely to meet you Stephanie." She says giving me a big smile again. 

"It was nice to meet you too Miss. Samuels. And thank you for breakfast." I smile at her.

"Oh you are welcome. And call me Charlotte."  I nod and she says bye to Carter and is out the door.

We sit in silence for what seems like forever before I speak.

"So last night, I only remember some things but I want to know how I ended up here." I say finally breaking the ice.

He doesn't look up, just stares at his plate.

"What do you remember?" He finally says and looks up at me. I take a deep breath and close my eyes then open them again.

"I remember going downstairs to get something to eat, then my sister yelling at me and saying things. Then I ran outside and started walking. I remember going to a park then these two guys- they uh-" I stop, I can't even say it.