Chapter three

I flopped down on Harry's singular bed, burrying my face into the soft pillow and sucking in a deep breath. "So," Harry began, sitting on the desk, looking down at me with a dissaproving look, "Care to explain what Dudley was on about?"

His expression grew concerned. I shook my head and smiled awkwardly. "it's nothi-"

"It clearly is Tallie."

He interupted, frowning. "I know you. And I know when you're upset."

He insists, his frown growing deeper. I glare at him. "How would you know? You haven't been around for god knows how bloody long! I could have changed."

I snap at him, running a hand through my hair. And Harry, well, he looked stunned, to say the least. I shook my head, my brows furrowing. "Sorry," I murmur, before taking in a deep breath,"Ever since you left five years ago, I never really was keen on having a new friend, because I always thought you were coming back. I was saving my friendship for you, I guess. Then eventually, as time went on, I knew you wern't coming back. I tried to make some friends, but it had been a while, and my charismatic charm got well, rusty, you could say. so really, I couldn't find it in myself to want to make friends. Therefore, I am alone, as Dudley clearly stated."

I glanced at Harry, his expression unreadable. That was odd. I used to be so good at reading him like a book. I began to feel my face heat up with embarrassment. I must look like such a loser with that stupid sob story. I sighed inwardly, before running a hand through my hair, when I felt two hands pull me up by the shoulders, before turning me around. Before I knew it I was wrapped up in a comforting hug. I chuckled into Harry's chest. "You don't have to crush me."

I point out jokingly. He chuckles in response. "Maybe I want to."

He comments smugly, making me roll my eyes. He smelt different. I suppose now, being much older, he smelt of, well, deodrant, I think. Jesus, that sounded lame. He rested his chin ontop of my head. "I'm sorry."

He murmured. I frown. "What for?"

"Leaving," he sighs, "and not contacting you. I'm and idiot."

I shake my head. "Nah, you're not an idiot."

I say, smirking. He smiles. I push myself up and off of his mattress, before walking towards the bedroom door. "I should probably go and help my Mum with food and stuff."

I say, pointing towards the door. Harry grins. "I'll see you later."

He calls as I walk down the corridor, leaving me with a grin on my face.

I walked through the front door to my house, and was instantly hit with the smell of cooking food. "Hey honey!"

My Mum called from the kitchen. "Is Harry still coming over tonight?"

"Yeah Mum!"

I call, making my way to the stairs. I head up them quickly, before going to my room and switching the light on. I caught a glimpse of myself in my full length mirror and frowned slightly. My hair was scruffy and static, and my face looked extremely pale. I looked crappy, more or less. And the clothes I wore? A hoodie and skinny jeans wasn't exactly something you eat for a meal. With that, I decided I should probably get changed. I rumaged through my wardrobe, until I found a creme coloured vest top, made of a blouse material, that was decorated with a white peter pan colar. I brushed my hair thouroughly, before pinning it back into a messy bun, a few strands falling loose around my jawline. I smudged a small amount of eyeliner around my eyes, and a small amount of mascara. I'd decide to stay in my skinny jeans, so with that, I was done.

A Little while later, there was a knock at the front door. I practically raced down the staircase, to see my mother and Harry talking away, most likely catching up on eachother. "And I trust you're doing well in school? You always were a bright young lad."