Chapter Eight.

Disclaimer; I do not own Xmen First Class.

Chapter Eight

XavierMansion, America 1962

It’s been two weeks since the whole group has been relocated to Charles childhood home. They had all helped each other in one way or form to train for their mutant powers, Amelia has been especially helping Alex who was scared of his powers after what had happened to Darwin but she and Charles had finally got him to understand that it wasn’t his fault. Sean had finally become able to fly, with the help of Erik pushing his off a high ledge. Raven as well had started to come to terms with her mutation of looking blue, ‘mutant and proud’ she had told Amelia with a smile. Whilst Amelia each and everyday was graining a better and better control over her visions.

Charles, Hank, Amelia and Alex were standing in the nuclear bunker under the house. They were testing Alex’s abilities to the max and control. Charles and Hank had discussed the idea of the test a few days ago, but hadn’t told Amelia as when they had gone to her to speak about it she simply raised her hand up and said it’ll be fine due to her having a vision about it a while back. Amelia stood in between Hank and Charles at the far end of the room whilst Alex was at the other with his newly designed chest-plate on.

Clapping his hands together Charles smiled at Alex. “Now, Alex. We have a new test for you today. Instead of hitting the ‘x’, you have to miss it and go around it.”

Hank and Amelia turn to each other and send awkward smiles. Alex raises his brow, slightly confused. “So I just have to miss the ‘x’?” 

Charles nods and smiles at Alex, happy about how calm he had become about using his abilities after the mishap at the C.I.A base. “So lets get started, Hank tape.” Charles nodded towards Hank and Amelia.

Amelia smiled at Alex, and then turned to Hank whipping her top off to show the world her black sports bra. Hank looked shyly at Amelia before getting some black tape and putting it on her stomach. Amelia smiled at the funniness of Hank’s innocence and nervousness. Alex’s head starts to click together when Amelia turned round to face him, showing her stomach with the black tape ‘x’.

“No! No!” Alex exclaims shaking his head violently.

Charles opens his mouth to say something but is cut of by Amelia who just rolls her eyes at Alex being so negative towards himself and his mutation. “Come on Alex, I trust you. Plus I’ve been through a lot worse. Shot at point blank was the way I died… then again I have been caught in an after blast of a bomb before.”

All the men in the room look at Amelia shocked slightly, and then they remembered that Amelia had lived through both world wars so she must’ve seen her fair share of violence and blood gore. After Alex had recovered over his shock of hearing what Amelia, he began to protest again.

Amelia rolled her eyes and stamped her foot on the contrite of the bunker. Her fists clenched together at her sides, she gritted her teeth together, and Amelia hated it when someone hated their abilities because in turn it meant they hated themselves and everyone like them. “For god’s sake Alex! Man up and just do it, we’re trying to help you. But we can only help you if you help us, help us. Yes?”  

Alex, a little taken back from Amelia’s out bust, slowly nodded to the young woman, well at least with looks. “Okay…” He said with a broken voice, slightly scared.

Hank smiled at this, it was a new thing for him to see. Someone so head proud like Alex taken down by a few words off a well educated seventy-seven year old. This was something he’d keep locked in his memories for years to come.