Chapter Two.

Disclaimer; I do not own Xmen First Class.

Chapter two.

Covert C.I.A Research Base, America 1962

It had seemed that Amelia was the last mutant to be found in the group which Charles and the C.I.A were trying to be put together. As Amelia was shown her typically dull C.I.A room she had chosen to try and find the other mutants to socialize. After turning through all the twists and turns of halls ways she had found the REC room to find it full of young adult mutants.

All the mutants turned to hear the door open; Amelia entered the room looking shyly at everyone letting out a little shy wave. The entire group smiled and waved at her back, she saw the blonde boy and ginger boy looking her up and down. Trust teenage boys… Amelia thought rolling her eyes. A blonde haired woman this time waved Amelia over to sit next to her.

Amelia took the seat next to the woman, looking around the room to take everyone in. There was two coloured people, a man and woman, the blonde and ginger guys then finally, other then the blonde woman next to her, was a shy looking nerd boy who looked at the ground avoiding eye contact.

“I’m Raven.” The blonde sitting next to Amelia said cheerfully. Amelia nodded and returned the smile. Then Raven pointed around the group telling her who everyone was. “That’s Darwin,”- she pointed at the coloured male- “Angel,”- pointing to the coloured girl- “Alex,”- the blonde lad- “Sean,”- then pointed to the ginger- “And finally Hank.” She finished pointing at the nerdy shy guy.

She smiled to everyone then said. “I’m Amelia, Mia if you please.” Everyone replied ‘hi’ or something along those lines. For the next hour the group talked about random things nothing which really mattered. Then in the middle of a conversation Raven cried out in a ‘eureka’ moment.

“We should think of code names!” She said over excitedly like a small child on Christmas morn. “We’re government agents now; we should have secret code names. I want to be called Mystique.” She smiled.

Then suddenly Sean cried out in a monotone voice. “Damn! I wanted to be called Mystique.” We all chuckled, and then suddenly Raven changed her appearance next to me to look like Sean. We all gasped.

“Well, tough. I called it.” Raven replied in Sean form. “And I’m way more mysterious than you.” As she returned back to her normal form we all began clapping.

“Darwin, what about you?” Raven questioned the coloured man.

“Well, ‘Darwin’ is already a nickname, and, you know, it sort of fits. Adapt to survive and all.” He replied getting up and going to a fish bowl, he dunked his head it and his face changed to have gills like a fish. He began to breath and it was all good, as he removed his head out of the water we all started to clap again. “What about you?” Darwin asked pointing to Sean.

Sean rubbed his hands together before saying. “I’m going to be… Banshee.”

Hank and I raised our eyebrows. I smiled before asking him. “Why do you want to be named after a wailing spirit?”

Sean stood up and spoke to all of us. “You might want to cover you ears.” We all looked around shocked then we placed our hands to our ears with questioning looks on our faces. Sean took a deep breath in before releasing a high pitched screech causing the window of the REC room to smash. We all looked at the shattered glass shocked before all clapping again. “Your turn.” Sean said pointing to Angel.

Angel had a coy smile on her face, she stood up and shrugged her leather jacket off her shoulders. “My stage name is Angel. It kind of fits.” When Angel turned her back to us her tattoos sprouted in to wings you’d see on a butterfly.