Chapter One

I woke up on Thursday to my dad cooking downstairs. I had been trying to get up early everyday after Monday because I did not want to upset my teacher again. I loved photography and I wanted to get a good grade in that class.

I dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

"Indie! Isabelle! Breakfast!" My dad called from downstairs. I then heard Isabelle run across the hallway and down the stairs to eat, but just before that she opened the bathroom door startling me and making me smear mascara all over my eyelids.

Isabelle was my little sister who was 3 years behind me; an eighth grader over at the middle school. She was an annoying little popular brat and always got her way.

"Dammit Isabelle, I am going to kill you!" I yelled chasing her down the stairs and into the dinning room before seeing my dad give me a strict and stern look.

"Indie what have I told you about language? You are not setting a good example for you're little sister in this house."

I slunked in my chair as my dad yelled at me. Blah blah blah. It was always the same when I did something wrong. 'Set a good example for your sister' he would say or 'Your mother isn't around to set you straight so I have to'.

When I was just 8 and Isabelle 5, our mother died of a terrible case of pneumonia. It was a very harsh winter that year; the doctors did what they could but she just couldn't fight it off.

After I had gone through a lecture about being a grown-up lady with my dad, I got my bag and stuff then left for school.

School dragged on and on and seemed like it would never end that day. But I was very happy when the bell rang at 1:50. Until I remembered that I had gotten detention from my photography teacher Monday.

I made my way to the room where detention was being held. When I walked in I found none other than Harry sitting there. Of course he managed to find his way into trouble and get detention with me.

I sat down a few rows in front of him and kept looking at the door to see if anyone else would show up. But no one came.

As the bell rang for after school activities to start, the teacher who was in charge shuffled papers and got up from the desk.

"Now I won't be here in detention with you guys as I have lots of papers that need grading and there is only you two. I will be in my office across the hall. I want this door to stay propped open. No talking, no fooling around, and especially no leaving." And with that, he left.

I looked at the clock and sighed. "It's a long time till 2:30." I thought. I then took out some homework from other classes and started working.

It hadn't even been 5 minutes into detention that Harry started bugging me. I felt little pellets of paper being thrown at the back of my neck. It was very hard to ignore and it got my blood boiling since he wouldn't stop.

After enduring about a minute and a half of it, I turned around to yell at him. "Hey would you quit it out?! I am trying to work here!" I then got a shush from the teacher. I felt embarrassed as my voice carried loudly when I get mad.

He just chuckled to himself softly.

"Don't you have something better to do?" I asked in a low whisper. He nodded and responded. "I do actually, but it involves something that you might not want to do."

I rolled my eyes. "You just think that I'm a goody-goody since I turned down that blunt of yours huh? I can be bad." I looked him straight in the eye.

"Alright, so if you're not all good, then why don't we sneak out of here and do something a little adventurous?"

My jaw dropped slightly. Maybe what I had said was a lie. I wasn't going to sneak out. I get too scared when I do the slightest thing that's bad. Sneaking out would give me lots of stress.