Chapter Three

Harry didn't show up for school the whole next week. Or the week after that. I got a little worried, even after I had texted and called a few times without any replies.

But luckily, that Saturday after the two weeks he'd been absent, I got a phone call.

"Hello?" I answered groggily, as my phone had woken me up. I smiled softly as a deep British voice answered.

"Hey Indie, it's me Harry. I know it's been awhile, but I saw a poster about tutoring at school and your was name on it. So I was wondering, would you tutor me in math?"

I smiled. It made me so glad that my friends hadn't scared him away. "Yes of course Harry. When did you want tutoring?"

"Um, I'm free most of the time, so whatever works for you I guess." he chuckled.

Pulling a piece of hair behind my ear, I looked at my calendar in my bedroom. "How about every Tuesday and Thursday from two to three?"

I heard a muffled mhm from the other side of the line like he was looking at a calendar. "Yeah that works for me."

I nodded. "Now, just because you're a friend Harry, does not mean that you get any discounts. I still charge $15 an hour."

"Uh, alright. That's just fine." he said. Then there was an awkward silence.

"So I can just pick you up after school and we can go back to my house?"

"Yeah that's fine."

"Cool." Another silence. "So I'll see you Tuesday?"

"Yeah. See you Tuesday." he said. And with that we hung up. I laid down on my bed, smiling. The thought of tutoring someone made me happy. Usually tutoring made me cringe since it was boring to watch people do problems out of a book. I knew that being a teacher was not something cut out for me.

But there was something different about Harry. Maybe it was the thought of spending more time with him or getting to know him better. Whatever it was, I was excited to start tutoring him.

I looked over at the clock on my desk and it read 8:03. Why did Harry call so early? I mean yes the sun was up, but it was a Saturday and it's good to sleep in on the weekends. I sighed and decided that I would at least try to sleep until ten.

It wasn't even 2 minutes since I had closed my eyes again when I heard a knock on my door.

"Indie! It's time to wake up, surprise family day, my dear." said my Dad from the other side of the door. I groaned. He only called me 'my dear' when he was trying to force something. And surprise family days were very forced.

I slumped out of bed and moved like a slug to the bathroom. I sighed opening the door and looking at my face in the mirror. My straight brown hair hung slightly passed my slightly more than average boobs. I leaned a little closer to touch my olive complexion and thankfully, my acne has been calming down, with only a few pimples on my chin.

I start putting on face makeup, and then I look at my eye makeup. Do I put it on or not is the question I always ask myself every morning. I figured I should at least put on some eyeshadow and mascara since surprise family days meant going into the city.

After finishing up with looking semi-presentable, I walk back to my bedroom to find something to wear. I rummage through my closet of cardigans and sweaters, as fall was one of my favorite times of the year. I pick out a white and red stripped cardigan with a white tank top and black leggings and smile to myself in the mirror. Looks good enough for me. I throw on some white Keds, and walk downstairs to eat some fruit before my sister and Dad follow come down the stairs also.