Prologue

It was 7:23 and I could already tell that I was going to be late for class. I was in the drive thru of Starbucks waiting for my coffee and they were taking exceptionally long today. It puzzled me too, since everything was done so fast in California.

I turned on the radio to pass the time and looked at my phone letting out a frustrated sigh. 7:25 it read. School started at 7:30 and I was going to be late on the first day.

"Here you go, sorry about the wait love!" The barista said handing me my drink through the window. I gave her my money with a fake smile and drove off.

When I finally got to school, the bell rang signaling that class was starting. I looked down at my schedule seeing that it was advanced photography. Great. The teacher for that was serious about the subject and hated tardy students. I sighed running a hand through my hair and got to class as soon as I could.

I walked in to see 20 or more pairs of eyes staring at me. I blushed embarrassed and looked at the teacher.

"Ah," he started, "You must be Miss Indie Winsdor. You're late." He had a sour frown on his face.

"I'm so sorry my alarm went off late and my dad left early and-" he stopped me.

"Don't go on, you can take a seat in the back but before you get there, you can come over to my desk and pick up your detention slip for being late." He said pulling out his slips and a pen.

I stared at him in disbelief.

"Excuse me Mr. Murrow, but it's the first day of school. Why are you giving out detention slips? Is that even allowed?" I crossed my arms. I wasn't taking any of his shit.

Mr. Murrow was a strict teacher when it came to students being late, disobeying, ect. He took photo very seriously and thought that students who chose the class should too.

He just chuckled to himself.

"Talking back on the first day? Indie you are not getting off on the right foot to start the year. This is for a detention after school on Thursday. Now here is your slip," he said handing it to me, "And go take a seat next to Mr. Styles in the back. Don't make me ask you again." He said and pointed to the back.

I looked at where he was pointing and saw a mildly curly brown haired boy with a beanie on. He was a junior, like me. He moved here during freshmen year and lived with his dad. I don't know where his mom was, but people said that one night she jumped off their balcony and they said he moved here shortly after. All over his body were tattoos. Or, what I could guess since they were all over his arms. I guess he liked going for the rebel look. He was a quiet boy that had a reputation for being bad. I always wondered why.

I made my way to the back tucking a piece of my brunette hair behind my ear and sat down and smiles at him. Luckily he smiled back.

"Hi I'm Harry." He said with a cute accent, smiling and extending his hand. I took it and shook it. I looked into his eyes as I took his hand. They were a beautiful green color. Like how the sea looked when the sun shined at the perfect angle.

"I'm Indie." I said with a smile. He nodded in approval and looked back before the teacher could yell at us.

Mr. Murrows looked up at the clock. "Alright kids. Since it's getting to the end of the period, I'll pass out your cameras now. You guys can go into the dark room any time, during the hours that school is open. There is no homework for this class unless told otherwise. Now, line up in alphabetical order by last name."

I got up behind Harry, but I let others go in front of me knowing that I had a w last name.

When I got my camera, we were free to go. The rest of the day went by in a blur. It was a good day overall, seeing all my friends.

After school, I went to the dark room because I took pictures with friends at lunch. When I got in there, there was an earthy kind of smell. I saw smoke and a beanie behind it.

He emerged from the smoke and gave me a cheeky grin.

"Hey there. Didn't hear you come in." He took the blunt from the table it was resting on and put it up to his mouth.

I stared at him in disbelief. He was smoking in the dark room. Mr. Murrows would surely smell it when he came in. How dumb could Harry really be?

"Do you want to get caught? Suspended?" I said putting my camera down.

He shrugged. "I can cover this up. I've done it plenty of times." He seemed cool about it. Then he smirked at me. "You scared something bad will happen Indie? C'mon, live a little. Is the only bad thing you've ever done is walk into class late?"

He looked at me waiting for my answer. I just kinda stood there looking down at the ground and shrugged.

"I guess," I put my head up, "I've never had any real motive to do anything bad."

"Well," he walked closer and locked eyes with me, "Those blue eyes of yours tell me different." I blushed at his last comment. I thought the dark room was darker than it really was because I guess he saw me blush when he smirked and chuckled to himself.

He walked back over to where he was working.

"Here," he said giving me his blunt, "Try it, it's not that bad."

I pushed his hand away.

"No thanks, Harry. I'm good." I started to clean a little work space for me to develop my pictures.

"C'mon," he started, "Like I told you, live a little. Why don't you go there?

I sighed getting a little irritated.

"And like I told you, no thank you and I don't want to." I said with a little annoyance in my voice.

"Oo a feisty girl. I can work with that." I clenched my fists and he saw and chuckled to himself. I couldn't believe he had the nerve to say that. I worked fast and hoped that I would be done soon so that I could get out fast and quick and be away from that smell.

**************

Hey there guys! Wow it's been a while. Sorry I haven't posted that much. I am working on my other Harry story, but it won't be up for a while. So in the meantime, we have this one!! I am super excited to write it; it's going to be good! Also, Happy New year!

I give all the credits for the cover to punklouisrocks.tumblr.com; go check her out because she makes the best punk edits around!

Comment and vote guys!

~Zombiecupcakequeen(: