Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Ariana was lying across Jax’s chest locked in his bedroom. “Why’d you cut your hair?” she asked while fingering the much shorter hair cut missing his longer locks.

“I lost a bet with Charlie.” Jax said absently, his focus more of his hand circling around her waist.

Ariana laughed and peered into his eyes. After all these years of knowing each other, all the different ways they had been intimate, her heart still picked up at the sight of his blue eyes. “What kind of bet?”

“What other kind? A stupid one. Charlie’s been real focused on training with the rest of us and picking his speed up. We made a bet that he couldn’t outrun me and being a cocky bastard I agreed to the terms because I really didn’t think he’d win.”

“And if you won what did he agree to?”

“Streaking through the downtown square.”

Ariana laughed before laying her head back down on his chest, listening to his heart beat. “Boys are weird.”

“We’re men now.”

“Ok, men are weird.”

Jax and Ariana enjoyed spending the rest of the day in each others arms. If they weren’t together in his room then they were together in the kitchen because hunger dictated they eat. It wasn’t all sexual, sure they fooled around, but Ariana was still too paranoia to go all the way while the house was busy with people coming in and out. They caught up with what they had been the last year. Ariana didn’t have much to report, she focused on her classes and when they were over she was locked in her dorm reading. Jax had been focused on pack business, something he didn’t want to go into too much detail with her.

That night Ariana gave in and let Jax call the shots.  She was lying on her stomach naked from the waist up.

“Do you have any plans for tomorrow?” he asked as he drew little patterns with his fingers across her back.

“I promised Julie I’d be there for her first shift.” She turned her head to the right and looked at him. “I’ve never seen one.” She had nagged him for weeks to let her see him in wolf shape but he managed somehow to change the subject every time.

“It’ll be painful for her but with each time it gets better.”

“Is it still bad for you?” Ariana always found herself highly interested when he spoke of his heritage and all the pieces she still didn’t know. Like Marc had told her once, all the answers weren’t in the books.

He leaned forward and replaced his fingers with his lips across her back. “Sometimes.” He kissed the arch of her back downward, tugging her skirt as he went.

“Wait.” she tensed as he reached for her underwear next. She grabbed his hands and sat up.

“No one is paying us any attention.”

“It’s just…it’s still early.” She glanced out the window and saw there was still some light to the sky. “You don’t want me to die from embarrassment.”

Jax pulled her into his lap; he was only wearing his boxers. “Everyone is happy we managed to get back together. If they happened to hear something they’d ignore it. No one is going to come up to you and mention it.”

Ariana knew Jax was trying to sway her thoughts, being there in his lap feeling just how excited he was she wasn’t able to think correctly.

“You always think too much.” Jax complained before dipping his head to her breasts.

“That’s rich coming from you.” her legs opened and arched around his waist as he took the sensitive nub of her nipple between his skilled teeth.

“I’m not over thinking right now.” he laid her back on the bed and trailed kisses down her belly. “I’m never thought enough to turn you down when we were this close.”

Her legs tightened around him. “I wasn’t turning you down.”  She struggled with each word as each second with them this close her common sense drifted away. She tunneled her fingers through his hair as he moved lower and lower down her body. “Oh god.” She moaned, her body arching and twisting, as he pushed the material of her panties away and replaced it with his mouth. “Jax…damn it.” things got a little too out of control when he did this to her. It was guaranteed now someone was going to hear them.

Ariana grabbed a pillow and planted it firmly across her face as he continued his sexual torture across her body. She faintly heard him let out a laugh but before she could have any reaction about it his mouth was back on her and all comprehensive thoughts were no longer.

Jax laid on his side and watched Ariana sleep. He had worked her so hard she could barely keep her eyes closed by the time they were done hours later. He was pretty tired himself but not enough to stop watching her. He couldn’t believe she was back in his bed and his life. He had missed her more than he could ever tell her, lack of ability for form the actual words and all.

He never wanted them to loose each other but the year of heartache had been worth it to hear her talk about school and how happy she was there at the place she had dreamt of going as a kid. She probably hadn’t noticed how excited she had been but he wasn’t going to be a jerk and point it out.

As he ran his eyes down her face memorizing all over again each feature his cellphone went off from the nightstand beside him. He reached over and saw the notice for a text message. It was from Marc asking him to meet him upstairs in the office.

He carefully got out the bed but Ariana was still stirring awake. “Keep sleeping, I’m just going to talk to Marc.” He whispered along her ear. “I’ll be back soon.” He kissed her one last time before getting back dressed in his jeans and t-shirt.

He was worried as he took the staircase up to the third floor. Marc wouldn’t be asking to meet him this late just for anything. It had to have been important and important for their pack meant a threat was looming.

He stepped inside the office and shut the door securely behind them. The office was soundproof and no one would ever be able to hear what was discussed inside. “What is it?” Jax asked as he neared the desk his uncle sat behind.

There was a new hardness to Marc’s eyes, he always kept his thoughts private but whatever was on his mind now was bothering him. “Hal Ellis has finally wised up from chasing phantom threats.”

Jax’s heart dropped at the mention of Ariana’s father. He sank into the empty chair across from Marc and allowed a sigh to pass his lips. “How wise has he gotten?”

“He knows I’m involved.” Marc never hid from what he was, there were many hunters who knew of him but thankfully never where to find him. “I think I should talk to him.”

The pain in Jax’s chest worsened. “Get rid of him?”

“I’m not hoping he pushes it that far. I don’t want to hurt her either.” Marc said about Ariana. “I think if I lay some of the cards on the table he might be willing to back away from trying to track this pack.”

“Does Jessica know anything?” Jax felt bad for his friend, it was her and her mother after all Hal Ellis was trying to kill. He didn’t like to let a mark get away, it didn’t matter it had been three years, Hal hadn’t forgotten and wanted their blood on his hands more so now.

“No and I want to keep it that way. Their set up in a new place and he shouldn’t be able to find it, as far as Jessica knows the threat on them is no longer. Whatever we decide will be between me, you and Andrew.” Marc would always include his second, Andrew, in all his choices.

“Ok, what’s the plan?” Jax wished he had one himself.

“I’m going to arrange a meeting with him and take it from there.”