Chapter 17: "Let's have fun!"

Chapter 17: “Let’s have fun!”

Now, we are in Nashville, trying to get the second pearl, I didn’t want to tell Percy, but Luke had a pearl, and he gave it to me, in case of an emergency.

“Hey guys, I found the pearl…” I said

“Where?” Grover asked

“On that big statue?” Percy asked

“No, on the floor.” I said sarcastically

“Really? Where?” Percy replied

“Idiot.”

“What?”

“That is a statue of Athena, Annabeth’s mother.” I pointed to the huge statue in front of us “Look on her crown, it is the pearl, but the question is, How do we get to the pearl?”

“I can through my crutches up there.” Grover answered

“Grover.” Percy bellowed

“What, it’s a good idea.”

“Grover.”

“Perce, I’m just saying, the pearl will fall right out.”

“I’ve got an idea.”

“Well, Percy, spit it out.” I said

“But I don’t have anything in my mouth…”

“NO! Your idea!” Annabeth said

“Oh.” Percy said

“ldiot.” I mumbled

“What Aqua?”

“Oh, nothing.”

Annabeth and Grover just started laughing.

“Come on.” Percy said

“Coming.” We all said as we followed Percy to the Men’s bathroom

“What did she say?” Percy asked Grover and Annabeth

“Nothing, Nothing at all.” They both said

We waited in the bathroom, until the doors closed and then, Annabeth knocked the janitors out and you know that part…

After we put all janitors in the corner, we called Luke up, on Skype.

“Do we have to use my Skype?” I asked

“Yes, Luke will defiantly answer, if it’s on yours.” Annabeth noted

“Ugg.” I mumbled

Then, Luke got on and all I could say, without blowing our cover was… “Hi honey.”

“Hello, sweetie.” Luke replied

“Luke, how do you activate the shoes?” Annabeth asked

“Just ask Aqua, she knows.”

“Really?”

“Yep.” I said

“Oh, and Aqua…”

“Yes, Luke.”

“I got your letter.”

“Good.”

“I’m glad that you answered all of my questions.”

“No problem, sweetheart.”

“By the way, I’m glad you love me, and I have to go, see you all later.”

With that, Luke was offline, I don’t know why he was in such a hurry, but I had a feeling that he thought he was going to say something like: ‘I stole the master lightning bolt.’ Or ‘I will destroy you, Percy Jackson!’ or even ‘I will make all of the gods pay for what they did to all of us, Aqua, will you join me?’

Luke would not be the person to do that, but since I was here, Luke would say anything, do anything to make me happy.

“Aqua, what is wrong with Luke?” Annabeth asked

“I don’t know.” I lied

“So, Aqua, how do I do this?” Percy asked

“You need a running start, but it is going to take some practice.”

Percy started running and Grover started screaming “Percy it’s going to need some practice!!!”

Percy started to fly with the shoes that Luke had given him, then he had almost made it to the statue of Athena (Annabeth’s mom) when he started to fall…

“Percy, I said it was going to take some practice!” I yelled

He grabbed onto the Athena statue’s hair and slid a little until he got hold of the top of her dress, and started to climb up until he got to the pearl and ripped it out of Athena’s crown.

Then, after Percy got to the floor, the janitors came along and reviled that they were one Hydra with five heads, blah blah blah, Percy cut of all five of the hydra’s heads, and ten more grew back , blah blah blah, but Percy didn’t make water appear, I did, and I got the pearl, plus I almost got killed by a dang Hydra! After that, we left and we never went back there again.

In the car we opened the map, and the third and final location was The Lotus Hotel and Casino.

“Yeah, Las Vegas baby!” Grover yelped when he saw that we were going to Vegas

We arrived in Vegas as Grover said “Remember, always play the eights, never the tens.”

“Were not here to gamble, we are on a mission.” I noted

“Aww.” I heard Grover moan

We all walked into the casino and some cocktail waitresses offered us something called a lotus flower, and after one bite, I had no idea what I was doing there, but then, I remembered why I was there, at least I think that’s why.

“Why are we here.” Grover asked

“We are on a time sensitive….” Percy paused “I forgot, why are we here?”

“I think I know why we’re here.” I said

“Why?” Annabeth asked

“To have fun!” I replied

“Yah, let’s have fun!” Every one of my friends said