chapter 42

Chapter 42

*

Rae's Pov

I watched Harry's leg shake up and down anxiously. He hasn't stopped moving since we got in the car. Although he shook, he never really took his eyes off of me. His eyes held something more in them than they ever really did when he looked at me. Harry's hand held mine, and rubbed soothing circles in the back of it. I was grateful for his touch, but I knew he needed more comfort then I did.

The car jolted to a stop, and soon everyone was rushing as fast as they could out of the car. My buckle was unclasped and pushed behind me. I ran the short distance to the front door, and barged in. My first sight was Sara walking from the kitchen to the dining room. A pleasant smile on her face that soon turned to a confused frown. But all was good when Evie came running out of the kitchen, squealing when she saw me. I felt Harry come behind and release a heavy sigh. He ran up to her and picked her up in the air, hugging the dear life out of her.

The rest of the gang soon followed in, Liam talking to Will along with Louis. My dad had wandered around the house, looking at the extravagant ceilings. Charlotte soon joined the group, mixing bowl in hand and spoon in the other.

"What's everyone doing here- Sam?" She gasped looking at my dad.

"Charlie?" He returned the shocked looked.

"I haven't seen you in years! What have you been up to? I thought I'd never see you again once I moved!"

Charlotte set her bowl and spoon down on a near by table, and rushed over to my dad, hugging him. Her arms wrapped around his neck, and his around her waist. I saw him wince from his injuries, but he ignored it.

"It's been over twenty years! I'm a lawyer, like you always said I would be, and I have my beautiful daughter. I can't believe I'm getting to see you again."

"Anyone want to tell me what the hell is going on?" Harry rudely interrupted, putting Evie down.

"Oh, Harry! I know you already know him, but you don't know him like I did. He was practically my older brother growing up! We lived next store to each other, and were always hanging out. I was the one to actually set him up with Rae's mum. She was new in town, and they were perfect! I moved away when I got pregnant with Will, and I never thought I'd see my best friend again! It's so great to see you again, Sammy!"

"After all these years I thought you'd grow out of calling me that dreaded name." He smiled. "I still can't believe you're Harry's mum, guess I'll have to put up with the little twit now." He joked, still showing a smile.

"So you knew my mum?" I questioned aloud.

"Yes, I guess that's why I was helping you as much as I could. You're just like her, it's scary, but in the best way possible. I just never connected the dots to Sam being your dad. Wow, such a small world." She giggled.

My dad and Charlotte continued to talk some more, as Harry stood there in complete shock. But I couldn't help to smile now knowing Charlotte would force Harry to be more polite to my dad, her childhood friend.

It was quite cute seeing them talk. They talked like they never moved away from each other, and my dad looked pleasantly happy that he got to see her again. Even though they clicked, I knew they just had a strong friendship. My dad had always promised himself that he'd stay true to my mum, and never find another love. That what they had would never be replaced. It saddens me that he refuses to move on, but it's forever touching that he'll stay true to her.

"This is such a weird sight," Harry murmured next to me.

"It's really sweet. Think about it, it's like long lost best friends. And now maybe that he knows who your mum is, he'll finally except you like I do." I smiled up at him.

"Great thought, but I don't think that will happen." He smirked.

"Give it a bit,"

Everyone in the front room moved towards the living area. I'm sure Harry was ready to tell them why we were all here. Although I wasn't sure how.

But as soon as we sat down to prepare ourselves, gunshots sounded throughout the room. Screams filled my ears, and Harry's body jumped on top of mine. I could here everyone's hollers, but nothing could register in my mind. I felt Harry's chest vibrate as he yelled. Suddenly my body was lifted from the sofa, and held in strong arms. I kept my body curled in a ball as we ran through the house and up the stairs. I briefly opened my eyes to see Charlotte, Sara, and Evie follow behind us. The men surrounding themselves around us, using their bodies as shields.

I recognised the room Harry lead everyone into, it was his. He went into the vast closet, all the way to the back, to a small hidden door. He held the door open for everyone to file in. I could still hear shots around the house, but this time I heard the rustling of people downstairs.

Harry brought me into the room, me still in his arms. The door was shut behind us, and I was placed on pillow that was set on the ground. I watched Harry go to a large cabinet, going through the drawers, and pulling out guns.

"Louis, Liam, Will, take one, get some ammo, and let's go." He was pissed.

"Harry-" I rose from my seat.

"No, Rae. They're in my home, shooting at people I love, they're not getting away with this. Stay here, and watch over everyone." He sternly spoke, walking away from everyone and towards the door.

I followed him, grabbing onto his shoulder, and turning him around. His face mere inches from mine.

"Love?" I whispered, lips brushing his.

There was no hesitation, I did love him, and I could never deny it. But saying what filled my mind most hours of the day was a different feeling. It was surreal, for both of us.

"Y-Yes...I love you, Rae." He kissed me.

I enjoyed the slow moving kiss, but pulled back. He had to know I felt the same way.

"I love you, Harry."

"I'd stay and tell you it over and over again, and how much of a relief it is you said it back, but I'm going, and finishing this. For us. I'm done with this life. If I want you, I have to give it up, and I'd sacrifice anything for you."

"Then let me help you fight off your last battle. Together."

"No, I couldn't handle it if you were hurt during it. I won't be able to live with myself. I'll be back soon, and in one piece. I promise."

"Please, let me help."

"I-I can't let you do that."

"Why-"

"I can't let you!" He yelled. "Guys lets go, now!"

And out the door he went.

"Don't take it personally, Sweet Cheeks. If you were my girlfriend I'd make you stay too. He just wants to keep you safe." Louis told me.

"But I can handle myself."

"We all know that. He's just too big of a man to accept that."

"He's so infuriating sometimes."

"All the time, but hey, you got to love him." He winked, and headed out the door, closing it behind him.

I felt a single, silent tear roll down my cheek. I don't why I shed one, and why any others never followed, but I felt strange.

"Oh, sweetie, he'll be just fine. Come on now. We'll wait, I'm sure everything will be fine." Charlotte tried comforting me.

I nodded and walked along with her. I looked around the small room we were in. It was no bigger than a few metres around but enough space for all of us. Throw pillows were set around the ground, and a very dim light in the corner. Harry's mum pulled me down to her side, and Evie climbed onto my lap. The held her close, running my fingers through her hair. Sara sat to my other side, and my dad behind us against the wall.

Gunshots were still heard but no where near as many as before. There seemed to be so many loud thuds of shoes around us, I could only guess how many people were in this house.

My thoughts were broke as I heard staggering breaths come into Harry's room. The person paced themselves, and walked around. I assumed they were looking at the things in his room.

We all stayed silent with baited breaths as the footsteps got closer. My eyes widened when their shadow stopped in front of the door. Evie clung onto me in fear, as the others watched with fright. The door was pushed open with such force it created a cold wind that whipped around us. The darkened figure stood before us, watching our moves with such intensity I had to look away.

"Well, look what we have here." Jocelyn taunted. "So, while my friends do their jobs downstairs, I'll do mine up here."

Slowly she made our way towards us. Standing tall in front of Evie and I.

"You two, come with me." She ordered turning around.

"Like hell we'll leave."

"Fine, I was only offering a free ticket pass to go see your boyfriend, who might I add, is not doing so well." She twirled her hair in the most obnoxious way possible.

"What?"

"You heard me. He's injured and I thought you'd want to see him. But if you stay here, I can't promise what else will happen to these people if you keep denying to move."

"I'll come, but why does Evie have too?"

"Well I'm sure Harry would be delighted to see her."

"I guess..." I looked at her questionably.

"Don't follow," She warned the rest.

Jocelyn looked at us triumphantly and motioned us to follow her out of the room. I looked back to Charlotte, and she gave me a look that said she trusted me with her. Evie held her arms up so I could carry her. I did, and followed Jocelyn out the door.

Surprisingly Harry's room looked untouched, but that was not the case for the long corridor we walked down. There were holes in the walls, and broken glass from the picture frames on the floors. We were led downstairs where all I heard was muffled voices, but no gunshots. The first floor was a complete mess. The glass on the windows were no more, and the stuffing from the sofa was exploded from the bullets.

Jocelyn led us into the kitchen, the only room that seemed to be just fine from the attack. We were brought into the area as a heated discussion was taking place.

Harry's head snapped towards mine in surprise. His yelling slowly drifting off as he looked at me. His confused expression was soon replaced with anger when Jocelyn stepped forward.

"I swear to G-" Harry started.

"I didn't do anything, calm yourself. But I can't promise anyone else won't." She smirked turning around to face the built man I met in the ally all the weeks ago.

Hawk or whatever his name is walked in. It took two men holding onto Harry to stop him from his rage. If they were to let go, I know Harry would stop at nothing to end him.

"My my, Rae, how much you've changed." He smiled.

I inwardly gaged as he held my shoulders from in front of me. His strong thumbs rubbing holes in my delicate skin. He walked around my body, keeping my hands on me, and held me from the back.

"Go to Harry," I whispered in Evie's ear, and set her down. She quickly scurried over in front of him, holding onto his leg.

"Now, look at this, Harry. I have your pretty little lady here," He said, his lips close to my ear. I shivered as his touch gliding across my skin, and pulled back my hair. "And a deal you still owe me." He snickered.

"You know damn well I paid it off. Now stop moving that fucking hand of yours before I force your head into the tile floor until you bleed out."

"You didn't, you still owe me money." He fought back.

"Like hell I do! You're just trying to keep me on a tight leash!" He yelled.

"Watch your mouth! Or I'll just..." My eyes widened as his right hand travelled to the front of my jeans and fumbled with the button.

"Enough of this shit, I'm over it." I huffed.

I grabbed his hand with such force he gasped. I twisted it around to his front as I faced him. I smirked as his cocky smiled was wiped off his face.

"I want you to leave," My knee lifted to his crotch with such power he grunted. "Harry, me, his family," I raised my hand and threw it into his side. "and my family," My other hand rising to push his nose upward, breaking it. "the hell alone." I kicked his shin, watching him fall to the ground. "Got it?" I yelled.

Everyone looked at me with such shock. I don't think anyone had expected me to have much strength, or self defence.

Grunts were heard behind me, and when I turned around, both men holding Harry were now on the ground, and Jocelyn was held harshly in Harry's hands.

"Want to explain to me how my girlfriend is a secret self defence machine?" He chuckled.

"I'm my dads only daughter. Do you really think he let me walk to work alone without knowing how to defend myself?" I smiled, walking over to him.

"You never cease to amaze me." He smiled, pushing Jocelyn to the side, to lean down and kiss me.

"I told you I could help,"

"That was before I knew you could knock out a man ten times your size." He smirked, placing another kiss on my lips. "God, I love you much."

"Say it again,"

"I love you,"

"Again,"

"I love you so much," He smiled, kissing me.

"I'll never get used to that, and I love you too. So very much."

"You two make me want to throw up," Jocelyn faked gaged.

With one quick motion, Harry twisted her arms, making her out in pain.

"Don't be a jealous little bitch. But you know it's bad when the devil can find love and you can't." Harry laughed.

We continued to talk until many more men burst through the door. The police searching the house and eventually landing on us. One man in uniform coming up to us asking questions. He was blonde and had these beautiful blue eyes I could swim in.

"Officer Niall Horan here, I assume you're Harry Styles?"

"Yes that's me," Harry shook his hand. "The two over here on the floor helped, that large one over there, is Hawk, he was taken down by her," He pointed to me.

"By you?" Officer Horan gawked.

"I took a few self defence classes," I slyly smirked.

"That's better than some of the women on our force," He smiled.

He asked a few more brief questions before getting the three men on the floor, and Jocelyn in cuffs. One other came up and talked to Harry, asking what happened, and why that were here. He explained that was the reasoning and what he did. Not much longer did the police bring down my dad and Harry's family. Getting statements from everyone of us and collecting pictures of the destruction.

"I'm not sure where this leads us now, but I love you, and as cheesy as it sounds, from where I started, to now, I can say, you're my 'Rae' of sunshine." Harry smiled. Kissing me sweetly, but with such passion, my heart nearly melted.

"And no matter how tough you act, you'll always be my little softy little teddy bear." I giggled, pecking him on the lips once more.

_____________

so I'm thinking just a few more chapters before finishing this story? 3 at most?

and I just want to explain that with all the shit Harry has been through, the consequences are more brutal when he deals with it his own way, rather then if he were to call the police and have them deal with it. Rae made him realise that it wasn't worth it, and to get it over with, and let them handle it so his hands are free and he can focus on her and his family :) I hope you all understand it, and like that I did it that way.

so next chapter at the end, should I post the new prologue or description for my new story?????

and guys......ONE MILLION READS ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!! thank you sooososososooo much I really appreciate it all and am so grateful for it!!!!!

vote and comment please:)