chapter 24

Chapter 24

I was woken by a loud vibration on my end table. I felt a strong arm around my waist, and knew it was Harry's phone. Remembering I had turned mine off last night.

I groaned loudly, taking the object and placing it behind my head in front of Harry's face. He was yet to wake up. The vibrating stopped, only for it to continue again. A loud sigh escaped my lips as I turned around to face the sleeping angel before me. I hugged him around his neck, placing the phone on his cheek. He stirred as I called his name quietly for him to wake up. He groaned in response and batted my hand away.

"The bloody thing won't stop ringing, it has to be important if they keep calling."

Harry huffed and took the phone from me. I nuzzled into him, as he pressed some buttons on the screen.

"It's six in the morning, why are you calling me, Jack?" Harry sleepily asked.

I traced his bare chest, my fingers dipping into the defined line of his toned muscles. He shivered slightly as my soft touch brushed over his prominent collarbone.

Harry abruptly sat up, looking around my room frantically. He spotted his discarded shirt from the night before, and quickly pulled it over head, keeping the phone in between his shoulder and head. His fingers relentlessly ran through his hair; something he always does when he nervous or stressed. He grabbed his wallet from side table, shoving it roughly into his back pocket.

"Harry? What's wrong?" I asked, sitting up from the bed.

He was halfway to the window before he turned around. He quickly paced back to my bed leaning down planting quick kiss to my lips.

"I really have to go. I'm sorry, Babe."

He left another kiss to my lips before making his way out my window, and down the tree. I got up from my bed, and quickly went to my window, watching Harry jog down the road to his car.

Not feeling tired anymore, I grabbed my sweater, shrugging it on and going downstairs. I wasn't feeling like eating a huge breakfast, so I settled on a banana and a glass of water. I was pouring my water when I heard loud thumping coming down the steps. My dad stopped in front of the front door adjusting his tie and jacket quickly.

"What's the rush?" I asked casually.

"Oh, I didn't know you were awake. Something big came up at work and they need me there soon." He explained.

I shrugged it off, and told him have a good day. Before returning to eat, I had to feed Ziggy, and change his water. Sometimes I think he eats his food so fast, he'll eventually get sick and gain even more weight. When I reentered the living room, I turned on the huge TV, groaning at the programme that was it was last set on. The news. Being the daughter of a big name lawyer, you never truly get used to the fact that they are always interested in anything that has to do with news. Something about it, no matter what it is, always sparks my dads interest.

I tucked my feet underneath of me as I grabbed the blanket hanging on the back of the sofa. As I settled in, I started to peel my banana, and played with Ziggy for a while. Throwing string at him, and making him chase it. I was laughing loudly at his silliness, when a ladies voice in the TV caught my attention.

"Breaking news dealing with the case settled only a few weeks ago. We've received an anonymous tip that new evidence was found on the young criminal, Harry Styles, early this morning."

I quickly grabbed the remote, turning the volume up louder. Making the soft murmur it was before, now loud and clear.

"We now head over to Louise King, reporting live at the scene of the arrest."

The screen changed to a lady about mid-thirties, with dark brown. She listened into her earpiece, waiting for conformation to begin speaking.

"Yes, early this morning, there was evidence sent in anonymously involving Styles' case. We weren't confirmed whether it was to his advantaged or against him. But when we arrived here only about 20 minutes ago this morning, he was taken into custody by handcuffs, which only led to assume the newly found evidence was in fact, against him."

A clip from not too long ago played on the screen. The arrest being only minutes ago since everything has to be in order before they make an official arrest.

Harry was wearing the clothing he had when he left this morning. Two policemen followed behind and two in front, leading the way. Not once had he lifted his head. He was roughly shoved by the police men in the back, knowing he can say or do anything about it. Not many people or reporters were there considering it was still early and the news was sudden.

Harry was shoved harshly into the side of the cop car. From what I saw, he didn't disobey them, or do anything. They simply pushed him for the hell of it.

When the reporter came back on, I didn't bother watching the rest. Instead I turned off the TV, and headed upstairs to change into jeans. Keeping my sweater on, and pulling my hair into a bun. I grabbed my phone and keys, and headed out.

I was about to take my dads other car when I saw Will's car pull up. I smiled and walked over to the drivers side window.

"Hello, Will." I greeted when he rolled the window down.

"Hello to you too, Ms Clarke." Will smirked.

"I sound old when you put it like that." I giggled.

"Not as old as me. Now get in, we have someone to go beat up for wrongly accusing my brother."

I laughed and walked around to the passenger side. I struggled to get in huge vehicle. I'll never know why men like big fancy cars where women like me have to climb to get into them.

"Having trouble?" Will laughed.

"Damn men and their huge cars." I muttered.

After driving for a while, and me nervously shaking my leg, Will spoke up.

"He'll be fine."

"I know, but those policemen can't just pushed him. They can't do that for no reason, can they?" I asked.

"No, they can't. But a few years ago, one of their own was shot and had died, but Harry was a major suspect. He wasn't guilty but some of them still believe he had done it."

"But he didn't kill him, right?" I hesitantly asked.

"No, he didn't. But he wasn't completely innocent in the whole ordeal."

"Oh." Was all I was able to choke out.

Will must have noticed my lack of speaking, and took it as a sign of me not wanting to talk about it anymore. I was thankful for that. I don't like picturing Harry killing someone, let alone holding a gun.

We arrived at city jail, where Harry was being held for now. If convicted he moves to a penitentiary. Which is even further away.

Will asked for Harry, which in return we received an eye roll, and huff of annoyance.

"We would like to see him...please." Will gritted through his teeth.

"No visitors."

"I'm his brother, and this is his friend. Now let me see my damn brother." Will nearly shouted.

Reluctantly, the policeman took us back to a small room, containing a single cell, and a small area for people to stand a talk. A guard stood in the corner watching over Harry who was sitting on the edge of the ratty bed with his head in his hands.

"Hey, Harry." Will said causally.

Harry didn't bother to look. Instead he gave a slight of his head.

"Brought you present."

Before Will could continue, he was interrupted by the policeman on duty coming over to will.

"Sorry, no objects are to be exchanged with Mr Styles."

"I brought him his girlfriend, would you like her to leave?" Will asked sarcastically.

The man nodded and returned to his stand in the corner of the room. When I walked up the cell door, Harry had still ignored me. He didn't even bother to notice my presence.

"Do you not want me here?" I asked.

He signed and got up. He came over to me, taking my hands through the thick metal bars.

"Of course I want you here, just not here." He gestured to our surroundings.

"So this is why you left so early this morning?" I asked.

"Yeah, got a call from Jack. I had to be at my place. I didn't want to worry you."

I nodded in understanding, because in all honesty, I was worried. Someone just had to bring in more evidence. They couldn't stand to see this boy free. Someone is always against him. They want him put away, hurt, or from what Harry said, dead.

I held Harry's hands tighter imaging someone having a death wish for him. I could never image seeing Harry's lifeless body lying dead. Cold and unmoving.

Harry noticed my mood change. When he leant down to me, capturing my lips through the gap in the bars.

"I'll be fine." He whispered.

"They always say that." I murmured.

"Believe it or not, I've done this arrest thing, once or twice." He joked.

"That makes me feel so much better, Harry." I rolled my eyes.

"Why were they pushing you?" I questioned, looking over at one of the policemen.

"They like to hold grudges. I'm a big boy, I can handle myself, Rae." He chuckled.

"I still don't like it." I protested.

Harry and my talked some more, Will joining in. We stayed for a good hour when Will and I decided it was best if we start to head out. I gave one last goodbye whilst Will talked to a guard about Harry's confinement. I kissed him goodbye before the door flew open, revealing a furious, Jack Hampton.

"Step away from my client, Ms Clarke. I don't need you here with him."

I nodded, not wanting to cause any problems with him. But Harry had other ideas.

"She's my girlfriend, I can have her here if I like." Harry boldly told him.

"Girlfriend, not quite sure I believe that. As soon as this we beat this case, she'll be gone and out of your life just like her arrogant arse of a father." Jack sneered.

"My father is not an arrogant arse!" I yelled, charging at him, but Harry's hand held me back.

"See, Harry? She didn't even deny she'll be here after all this."

"Because you just insulted her father!" Harry shouted.

I didn't want to cause anymore trouble between the two, so I told Harry I would see him soon, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Silently giving Jack the middle finger and cursing him out. I left with Will, climbing into his huge car and heading home.

"You know, you really do have Harry whipped." Will chuckled.

---------

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 200,000 READS! You all are amazing!

please vote!