Chapter 39: The Reason

HUNTER'S POV:

 "Well, I still blame her," Tyler snaps and I sigh. Tyler, Jerron, and Will are all sitting in my room discussing, well, life and Raya.

   "Tyler, the only reason you are saying that is because you hate her," Will says with an eye roll.

"Still..."

    "I can't believe she kissed PJ," Jerron mutters.

"PJ kissed her," I correct, but none of them listen to me. It is true though. Even though I was pissed and hurt about the kiss, I do realize that PJ kissed her and not the other way around.

    "Dude, when did you become so whipped?" Tyler asks and Jerron glares at him.

"You're only saying that because you have never had a real girlfriend," Will jokes and I grin. Tyler only goes with girls because of the bets, not because he likes any of them.

   "Hey, you know what..." Jerron says randomly and we all look at him.

"What?" I ask because I know that he will wait for us to ask.

 "We should go to Pizza Hut. I am really craving some pizza of the hut," he continues and I groan.

"That's all you ever eat," I whine and he rolls his eyes before standing up and looking at all of expectantly.

"I don't care. We're going," he says and walks out of my room without waiting for the rest of us. I sigh and we all follow him out to his truck.

   “I don’t understand why all of us have to sit in your truck,” Will grumbles and Jerron rolls his eyes.

“Well you are free to ride in the back,” 

 Will and I look at each other before grinning and hopping into the bed of the truck. “I really hope Jerron doesn’t get pulled over for this,” Will mutters.

    “What? That would be so fun,” I say sarcastically.

“If we see a cop, we’re going to have to duck,” Will points out and I nod.  Jerron starts up the truck and we head down the road to Pizza Hut. I’m not really worried about a cop because there usually aren’t any around.

   Just as we hit about 45 mph, Will stands up, lifts his arms into the air, and lets out a yell while grinning.  I shake my head before carefully standing up beside him. I have to admit it’s a rush.

  “What are you idiots doing?” Tyler yells at us while sticking his head out the window.

“Having fun, haven’t you heard of it?” I yell back and he rolls his eyes.

   “You morons are going to fall,” he continues before putting his head back inside the truck and rolling up the window. I laugh and slowly turn around in a circle.

“This is ultimate freedom, isn’t it?” Will yells and I nod in agreement.

   People driving past the truck, give us weird looks, but it doesn’t even matter in that moment; in that moment I don’t have to worry about Raya never loving me again, or getting back on the football team, or anything.

 We reach Pizza Hut without any cop problems and we all saunter into the restaurant. A girl about our age is standing behind the counter. She looks up at us and smiles.

     “Are there only four today?” She asks.

“Yes,” Tyler says with a flirty wink. The girl blushes before motioning for us to follow her.  We follow her to a table and as we all sit down in the booth, she sets down menus and silverware.