Chapter 18:Sad Song

"Lucas...it's your turn"I hear Riley say.

She comes down but not before kissing Maya on the forehead.

"You'll never be forgotten peaches"she whispers.

I take a deep and shaky breath before standing up.

"Maya Penelope Hart.She was a mystery wasn't she?"

I get nods from people and I continue.

"Well I haven't know her for as long as all you guys have.But let me tell you something.She pushed Riley.She wanted to make Riley happy,so she pushed her...to me.I thought it was fate that it happened but I was wrong.I finally found out my real feelings for Maya,and I confessed it to everybody"

The tears threatening to come out just came like a waterfall.

"She loved me back too.There was never a day where she failed to make me happy.One day I was walking out of school and I heard this beautiful voice coming from the music room.I quietly checked and to my surprise it was Maya.I came in and grabbed a guitar.I started to strum and we made a song together"

I walk over and sit down by the piano that was always Maya's favourite part of Topanga's cafe.

"I'm going to sing you a song written by myself and Maya Hart.Sadly I'll have to sing this...alone...without her by my side.This is called...sad song"

I hold back a sob and start playing.

"You and I,we're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky.With you,I'm alive.Like all the missing pieces of my heart they finally collide.So stop time right here in the moonlight,cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes"

I smile to myself imagining that Maya is right here beside me,humming to my part of the song.

"Without you I feel broke,like I'm half of a whole.Without you I've got no hand to hold.Without you I feel torn,like a sail in a storm.Without you,I'm just a sad song...I'm just a sad song"

I stop playing and stand back up.

"Maya and I made a lyric video to this song because she never wanted to show her face on camera.Let me tell you that she has the voice of an angel and..even though she's not with us anymore,this will help us feel like she's here"

(Pretend that the beginning says "Lucas Friar and Maya Hart...Sad Song")

I stop and turn off the video and more tears come out.

"Maya will be missed by all of us.Let's never forget a walking piece of art like her"

I walk over to the coffin and cry harder,seeing Maya's lifeless body.

I lean down and kiss her on the lips.

"Without you....I'm just a sad song"

I'm like overly obsessed with the song so I thought "Hey why don't I make a Lucaya one shot using this song?"
So I did and I hoped u enjoyed it<3

-readingnerd2016

🙊💞🙊