Chapter 14:Accepting Me

"LUCAS STOP!"I hear Riley shout.

I run to the corner of the hall and see Lucas pinning a guy against the lockers.

"I'm standing up for you Riley!"he says in an angry voice.

"THOSE ARE JUST WORDS LUCAS! NOW LET HIM GO BEFORE I CALL THE PRINCIPAL ON YOU!"

Lucas lets go of the boy and faces Riley.

"I really thought you were different Riley.I thought that you would except me for who I was;but you only except my good side! You only except the Lucas that seems all too perfect!"

"Well I can't except a person like you if you hurt people like that"

"Riley stop!"I interrupt.

They both turn to me from the corner of the lockers and I step out.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Lucas's P.O.V
"Riley stop!"

We hear a person call out.We both recognize that voice as Maya and we turn to where she is.Maya steps out from the corner of the lockers and looks at us seriously.

"Maya?"Riley and I ask.

"Don't focus on me right now.Focus on your relationship here"

"Maya it's best if you stay out of this"Riley tells her with a roll of her eyes.

Maya nods and continues.

"Riley I get that you like the side of Lucas that is perfect to you.But being in a relationship means you have to accept the person for what they are.Yes Lucas almost beat that guy up,but he was sticking up for you"

"Maya-"Riley tries to talk.

"No Riley listen.You're lucky to have a guy like huckleberry.You're probably one of the luckiest person in the world to have a guy like him.He sticks up for you and is trying his best to be the guy that you want him to be.But in reality,I know he just needs to breath and let the real him come out and he needs to know that you're here to except him for that"

A smile grows on my face.Maya's the one that understands me.She knows me better than Riley and she accepts me for who I truly am.

I always thought that whatever my heart told me to do was a joke.But now I realize that it was right.Maya is the girl that I've been looking for my whole life.

She's always been the one.

I always thought that the day Riley fell onto my lap was faith.But it was Maya who pushed Riley.It was Maya that I saw first and it was Maya who made me feel welcomed and comfortable in a big city like this.

It's always been Maya who accepted me for who I was.

And I don't think I can thank her enough for that.

"YOU'RE SO CLINGY WITH ME! LIKE STOP STALKING ME LOSER!"I hear a voice shout.

I snap out of my thoughts and see Riley push Maya to the ground.Maya was wearing heels on so she slipped and hit her head hard on the floor.

"MAYA!"I shout.

Tears come out of her eyes even though their shut.Her hand is over her temple and I gently remove it.

Maya's bleeding.

"Awww is Maya crying like a baby?"I hear Riley say while fake pouting.

I put Maya into my arms and carry her bridal style while holding her close to me.

"WE'RE DONE RILEY! LEAVE HER ALONE AND LEAVE ME ALONE TOO! I GUESS THAT I WAS WRONG ABOUT YOU ALL ALONG!"

She stands there shocked and I just rush to the nurses office.I barge in through the door without even knocking and set Maya down on the bed gently.

"What happened?"the nurse asks curiously.

"She got pushed and she hit her head hard on the floor and help her!"I respond.

"Oh dear"the nurse says.

She rushes over to Maya and does whatever she needs to do.

"I think she should go home now"

"I'll take her"

She nods and smiles at me as I help Maya stand up.

"I'll sign you guys out"she tells us.

"Thanks you"Maya says.

We walk out the door and I help her get to her house.

|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|
At Maya's House
{Lucas' P.O.V}

We finally get to her house and she gives me the key.I help her walk inside and I set her down on her bed.

"Are you feeling a little better?"I ask as I put my arm around her shoulder.

"A little.Thanks cowboy"

She looks at me in the eye and I look at her back.

"You didn't have to do any of this becau-"

I cut her off by kissing her.She kisses back and after a few more seconds we let go.

"Thanks you for accepting me for me"

"Anytime.But what about Riley?"

"You know I thought that ever since she fell on my lap I thought it was faith.But I was wrong.She never accepted the real me for me that I always tried so hard to be Mr.Perfect.It's stupid for me to do that.But then once I found out you accept me either way...well I thought back about everything.I was wrong to choose Riley,Maya.It's always been you and I'm sorry for not realizing that"

"You don't have to be sorry.I'll always except you and that's not going to change"

We smile at each other and she lays her head on my shoulder.We spent the rest of the night by talking and some kissing in the middle until she fell asleep right on my shoulder.

"It's always been you.Thank you for accepting me"I say quietly as I kiss her gently on the forehead.

Ayeeee!! One shot of the day!! Hope u guys enjoyed it and thank you for....

OVER 400 VIEWS!!!

Today is my dad's birthday guys:) yayyy!!

-readingnerd2016

🙊💞🙊