Chapter 1

AN: well hello and welcome to the sequel in my Guardians series, I hope you enjoy this chapter and book, if there are mistakes I'm sorry and please notify me. this book will go deeper into the Guardians other than just Lexi, Logan and Kelsey, comparisons to PJO story line and characters and very similar I do not deny it but I put my own twist on them as it is my own. Thankyou and I hope you enjoy, feel free to comment and if you haven't check out Guardians: Shield If Kelope, it explains a lot for this book so yeah. Thanks.

'I hate English with a passion' I thought as I walked out of my English room. I strolled to my locker and heard the 'geniuses' of the school "hello Lexi" Cory sneered, I smiled and shut my locker door with a hint of anger "hello tweedle dumb, tweedle dee, what do I owe the pleasure of your idiotic brains today" I asked, Victor smiled and grabbed my arm "I'm a bit peckish, how about you hand over some cash" he pushed. I smiled and lent towards his ugly face "if your peckish, go peck at some chicken feed" I said fearlessly. He laughed and was about to punch me. I ducked it with ease and he hit my locker door.

I pushed Victor off and punched Cory before he could advance on me.

I grabbed Victors arm as he tried to punch me and pushed him down, I kept his arm up as I dug my knee in his back "do you give" I asked while pushing down on his arm. He yelped in pain "yes, yes I give" he exclaimed. I pushed harder "and you won't give anyone else any shit" I said and he nodded. I let go and he moved his semi dislocated shoulder. I walked off to the principles office.

_______________________________________

"Your what" Neil yelled at me, well as suspected I was suspended and probably grounded "Lexi, what has been up with you lately, I know that it's hasn't been normal for the past three months but your acting ridiculously" Neil said clearly worn out "I'm sorry ok, they've been giving me crap for ages, I gave them what they deserved" I yelled back "you know your senses and reflexes are better than mortals, you can't use it against them" he lectured and ended with a pause

"you haven't slept in a while huh" he finally concluded quietly. I nodded and rubbed my scar from under my woollen glove, I wore them mainly cause it covered the scar and cause monsters found me harder if it was concealed.

The dreams have been awful, one thing I was not warned of before I was claimed. The one that stuck in my head was a from who I presume is a past water guardian, he wielded a trident and was on a battle field. He would plunge the forked tips into anyone who came towards him, the blood would splatter in slow motion so I could see every ounce of pain that escaped his victim. I shuddered at the very thought of it "it will ease after a while, trust me we all get it every now and again" Neil reassured. I smiled but something still lingered between these thoughts.

I just finished my shift and I was now about to call Kelsey. I threw up my silver orb "Kelsey" I said out loud. A hologram of Kelsey appeared from the shoulders up "Lexi, hi" she greeted with her usual happy expression "well I just got suspended" I reported Kelsey smiled woefully "so how's everything over there" I asked to try and lighten the mood "all right though people are making rumours that Alexander is getting more powerful" Kelsey said "how is that possible, I thought the other four shields are in each dorm hidden" I asked dumbfounded

"yeah they are but I think that's just everyone's anger talking" Kelsey reassured. I rubbed my wrist guard which was also my shield nervously.

Things have been tense since everyone was betrayed by Alexander, he was there mentor and farther figure and now there was so much hate pointed towards him for betraying us "it'll be fine I'm sure, I just hope that I can survive, I'm gonna come in early since school ends next week and I'm suspended anyways" I said happily. Kelsey smiled eagerly "you know I'm not the only one who missed you" Kelsey pushed. I smiled with a nod as I remembered my dear friend Logan "tell water boy I'll be back to kick his ass soon" I smiled and she nodded.

I said my goodbyes and grabbed the orb from mid air, disconnecting our conversation.

I walked home after that and carefully closed the back door, but I was too loud. A black dragon tackled me and started to lick my face "Fury, get off, need air" I gasped as he rolled off me.

I saved Fury from the sky chamber three months ago and he now lives in my shed "sorry, I'm just glad your home" he apologised happily. I laughed and scratched his ear. Fury was like a child that can rip off your face, apparently he had lived for a few hundred years so that's pretty sick "did you wanna go for a ride" I asked and he wagged his tail like a puppy, keeping his head on the ground. I grabbed his saddle and we flew up in the air.