Chapter 13

Disclaimer- I don't own Divergent the amazing Veronica Roth does

Four's POV

I don't get it. I'm sitting in the hospital and I don't know why. The last thing I remember is leaving to go to Zeke and Uriah's lake house right after school got let out for the summer and now I'm in the hospital back home in Chicago.

The door opens and my smile widens when I see Zeke and Uriah but it falters when I see Tris. What is she doing here? Just the sight of her makes my blood boil.

"Tris? why are you here?" I ask.

"What do you mean why am I here? I was worried about you Tobias." she says which makes me more confused then before.

"Two things 1. Why do you care? we hate each other and 2. How do you know my real name?" I ask

She looks worried and she's about to answer but the nurse takes them out to talk leaving me more confused then I was when I woke up. After a couple of minutes they come back in. They all look like they just saw a ghost and Tris is crying. What is happening?

"I will let your friends explain what happened because they were there but first of all how do you feel?" The nurse asks

"I'm so freaking confused and my head hurts like heck and every move I make hurts like crazy so to answer your question I feel like crap." I say. She nods, writes something down.

"You've lost a lot of blood your lucky to be alive." Then she walks out of the room.

"Ok Four I need you to stay calm when we tell you this story." Zeke says and I nod hesitantly.

"You've lost your memories from the past six months. Tris you explain what happened because you were there the entire time." Uriah says

She then tells me the story about how I got in a fight with Peter which lead to Marcus's beatings which resulted in me losing my memory. Everything seems realistic. All but one part.

"Why would I ever defend Tris?" I ask harshly. Sadness fills her eyes. She starts to cry and run out the room.

"What the crap just happened?" I ask Zeke and Uriah

Zeke sighs but explains,"your not going to believe us but you and Tris were, or are dating."

I stare at them for a couple second,"No I don't believe you. I hate her and she hates me and you two of all people should know that I don't date. ever. I just hook up."

They shake there heads sadly and say something but I'm to far gone to hear and blackness takes over me.

Tris's POV

I spent all Saturday locked in my room if you ask some people they would say I'm depressed. My mom and Caleb try to come in but I won't let them. They want to know why I'm so sad and I don't feel like explaining it right now. I just need to be alone but my dad will probably make me come out when he gets back from work.

I just can't handle the thought of Tobias hating me again. But he does. I know I should be happy for him and not so selfish. At least he didn't lose all of his memories and at least he's alive but the selfish side of me hates that he doesn't remember that he loved me and his memory is back to his badboy ways. I'm not selfless like my parents.

Zeke and Uriah have been sending me updates about Tobias and this morning he got to go home. He was put on bed rest for the rest of the weekend so that he should be good for school on Monday. They have been going over to take care of him at his house because obviously Marcus won't, he doesn't care about Tobias. That jerk.